Where did this season go so wrong?

Pigeonho said:
manimanc said:
We're second in the league and still in the cup...
Fuck me,what a shite season!!!
That'd be all well and good if we were on United's coat-tails and doing everything remotely possible to keep up with them. It would be all well and good if all that was between us was RVP and there was simply nothing we could do about it. That's not the case though, is it? We're playing absolutely fucking terrible, losing to teams any club with ambitions of retaining their title wouldn't lose too, and putting in performances and club with ambitions of retaining their title wouldn't put in. You're guilty in that post of what many of the players appear to be guilty of - not being arsed.
I'm just being a realist,yes we're 12 points behind but so what,plenty of twists and turns left before the season is out my friend,the pressure is off us now and it's all on them to maintain top spot and after last season they have history of bottling it...
Of course i'm arsed,it's just that i think it's too early to start writing off the season when we've only just got into february...
Let the games begin!!!

manimanc said:
Pigeonho said:
manimanc said:
That'd be all well and good if we were on United's coat-tails and doing everything remotely possible to keep up with them. It would be all well and good if all that was between us was RVP and there was simply nothing we could do about it. That's not the case though, is it? We're playing absolutely fucking terrible, losing to teams any club with ambitions of retaining their title wouldn't lose too, and putting in performances and club with ambitions of retaining their title wouldn't put in. You're guilty in that post of what many of the players appear to be guilty of - not being arsed.
I'm just being a realist,yes we're 12 points behind but so what,plenty of twists and turns left before the season is out my friend,the pressure is off us now and it's all on them to maintain top spot and after last season they have history of bottling it...
Of course i'm arsed,it's just that i think it's too early to start writing off the season when we've only just got into february...
Let the games begin!!!
Sorry, didn't mean you weren't arsed like it sounds. I mean you seem to be ok with settling for second when you say that we're second and on course for the FA Cup. That would be great if we were playing our part in keeping up with United but we're not, not by our performances of late. We're giving them that title with a whimper.

Pigeonho said:
Pam said:
Pigeonho said:
It would be all well and good if all that was between us was RVP and there was simply nothing we could do about it. .

What are you on about?
If the difference between us and United was that RVP has come and put them in the position they're currently in, but we were winning our games and doing everything else in our power to stay in contention, then being 2nd would be no problem as there would be nothing we could do about it. We're not doing our part then in other words. We're playing shite, losing to teams we shouldn't be losing too, dropping points at home and not doing what we should be doing to stay in contention.

The exact same arguments were being trotted out big style in April 2012. A 12 point is difficult at this stage, obviously, but its a less hopeless situation than an eight point gap with six to play. Stop writing obituaries before the patient is dead.

manimanc said:
Pigeonho said:
manimanc said:
Let the games begin!!!

Did you watch the game on Saturday?

Did you watch the Liverpool game?

Did you watch the QPR game?

Even if they dropped 12 points, do we really look like doing our bit?

u2fme2 said:
Claytop said:
u2fme2 said:
not buying any quality players before the season even started

The squad we currently have should easily be good enough to still be in the title race, yes we should have pushed on and got a Van Persie or Hazard but we shouldn't be failing to notch a win in 3 games, 2 against teams in the bottom 3.
I would like to differ, and the league says otherwise too

That's why i wrote should.

Various members of the team aren't performing to the high standards needed or expected for a title race.

Added to a manager who doesn't seem to be able to 'fix' this problem he addressed months ago(different style of play/plan b) and here we are.

Pam said:
Pigeonho said:
Pam said:
What are you on about?
If the difference between us and United was that RVP has come and put them in the position they're currently in, but we were winning our games and doing everything else in our power to stay in contention, then being 2nd would be no problem as there would be nothing we could do about it. We're not doing our part then in other words. We're playing shite, losing to teams we shouldn't be losing too, dropping points at home and not doing what we should be doing to stay in contention.

The exact same arguments were being trotted out big style in April 2012. A 12 point is difficult at this stage, obviously, but its a less hopeless situation than an eight point gap with six to play. Stop writing obituaries before the patient is dead.
That was a different scenario all together, as we were doing the chasing - i.e. doing our part. We aren't doing our part to retain the title we fought hard to win, we're giving it away with each passing game. If we were 2nd in the league but doing everything we could to topple united then fair do's but we're not, we're letting them run off with it with not so much as a shred of being arsed, and Saturday was a performance which reflects just that.

I am really enjoying how they are rolling all the old rag cunts out on Sky etc saying it is home and hosed.

It aint over until it's over in my eyes.Let the fightback begin.

Ok – I was extremely annoyed on Saturday evening and I have been very sceptical of Mancini for some time. I have been laughed off the forum for my opinion.

Now I have had a couple of days to get over my annoyance of the weekend catipulation. See my facts below.

Last season – We were by far the strongest squad in the Premier League yet we beat a far weaker UTD side on Goal Difference and we beat them twice last season, which means they still managed to accumulate more points than us across the season

Take the 2 Derby’s out:-
MUFC 89
MCFC 83

We had problems last season and the have not been addressed by the manager. The team lacks pace and penetration. Our away form was poor for the squad we had last season. See below
Played 19
Won – 10
Draw – 4
Lost – 5

Win % - 52

Look at the results below

21 Aug, Bolton Wanderers 2 - 3 Manchester City
28 Aug, Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 5 Manchester City
18 Sep, Fulham 2 - 2 Manchester City
1 Oct, Blackburn Rovers 0 - 4 Manchester City
23 Oct, Manchester United 1 - 6 Manchester City
5 Nov, Queens Park Rangers 2 - 3 Manchester City
27 Nov, Liverpool 1 - 1 Manchester City
12 Dec, Chelsea 2 - 1 Manchester City
26 Dec, West Bromwich Albion 0 - 0 Manchester City
1 Jan, Sunderland 1 - 0 Manchester City
16 Jan, Wigan Athletic 0 - 1 Manchester City
31 Jan, Everton 1 - 0 Manchester City
12 Feb, Aston Villa 0 - 1 Manchester City
11 Mar, Swansea City 1 - 0 Manchester City
24 Mar, Stoke City 1 - 1 Manchester City
8 Apr, Arsenal 1 - 0 Manchester City
14 Apr, Norwich City 1 - 6 Manchester City
22 Apr, Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - 2 Manchester City
6 May, Newcastle United 0 - 2 Manchester City

Final Observation – Football has changed. Mancini who is a good man just doesn’t have (in my opinion) the attributes to be top class. He needs to be a man manager . Fergie, Rednapp, Mourinho, Klopp, Pep – all get the best from their players by this method.

The days of ruling with an iron fist are over. In my opinion – Bobby has been great but time to move on and for us to step to the next level

Pigeonho said:
Pam said:
Pigeonho said:

That was a different scenario all together, as we were doing the chasing - i.e. doing our part. We aren't doing our part to retain the title we fought hard to win, we're giving it away with each passing game. If we were 2nd in the league but doing everything we could to topple united then fair do's but we're not, we're letting them run off with it with not so much as a shred of being arsed, and Saturday was a performance which reflects just that.

What's changed since the end of Jan?

We were doing our part then, not conceding and winning 5 out of 6 in all competitions.

Was that just more papering over cracks? Serious question btw as it seems baffling.

Claytop said:
Pigeonho said:
Pam said:

What's changed since the end of Jan?

We were doing our part then, not conceding and winning 5 out of 6 in all competitions.

Was that just more papering over cracks? Serious question btw as it seems baffling.

We seriously papered over cracks last season - See my analysis of away games. We strugled most games - Take the 2 derbies out and UTD got more points from all their games compared to ours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.