Where Did You Bump Into a Footballing or Other Celebrity?

Seen Kevin Kennedy at Maine Road (actually gave him my seat against Wycombe in the LC, there were plenty of empties) and Jeff Hordley at at the Lokeren home game but...

...my mum lives in a ground-floor flat, she used to have the one above and to the left as you approach the building but had to 'go downstairs' as her spine is collapsing and she can't manage the stairs any more. Anyay, a few weeks after the move I noticed a silver SEAT Ibiza would park outside the building on a few occasions. Got a whisper from Mum that the woman who has her old flat is "seeing some bloke who has something to do with City". On two subsequent occasions as I've opened the main door of the building to leave I've had Alex Williams CBE in front of me, engaging a brief chat. And what a very pleasant fella he is too, to absolutely no surprise whatsoever.

Another Mum-related famous footballer encounter: in December 2001 I took her shopping for Christmas decor at Wilmslow Garden Centre. Walking up the steps my way was blocked by a slightly-built blond fella in a mid-grey woollen overcoat (think Mourinho) with his back to me. I said "excuse me, pal" and as he turned round to say "sorry mate" I relaised it was treble-winning Henning Berg, then having his second spell at Blackburn Rovers.

mikeyboy said:
bumped into joey barton at a morrissey gig at the liverpool stood directly behind ben thatcher at the killers gig at the apollo. he was really into it, jumping around like a right mad bastard much to his girlfriends embarrassment.
Did he elbow her into the stalls?

Drivin down to Notts with my mates last week ... pulled along side Kevin Blackwell. Cue us lot gettin him to wind the window down the singin 'there's only one Kevin Blackwell' to him (3 of us were pissed up to be fair). Anyway, he took it in good nature and wished us all good look as we were on our way to watch the Dale ... top bloke!

mcfcnorthstand said:
BermudaBlue said:
When I'm back home in Bermuda, I see the Goat pretty regularly driving around the city in his work van. Sadly never really get to speak to him, just wave to eachother and all. He's a great guy though.

What do's the Goat work as ?

Well whenever i saw him he was always driving a construction company's van. But he was part owner of Bermuda's first ever professional team (called the Bermuda Hogges, they used to play in the USL -Division 2 but now they play in the USL - Premier Development League i believe) and the van also had the team logo on it. Right now he is also the player/manager for his boyhood club called North Villiage Rams(who unfortunately play in red) who are currently top of Bermuda's Premier Division.

Floyd Mayweather in Ceasers Palace, Vegas. Sound as a pound , nothing like he comes across in his interviews or 24/7, which is just an act to sell more tickets

It wasn't the first time I've met a city player but YESTERDAY I was out at the radisson hotel for my cousins 18th and we just had our drinks served in the bar as the city coach pulled up and the whole squad got out and checked in. They were all just on the other side of the glass to us (we had window seats)

Just thought I'd share that one with you all :)

I was with my girlfriend in selfridges when we spotted Tim Howard looking at some expensive shades! I said look there's Tim Howard, and she said who, so I said Tim Howard, and then again she said who?! Tim Howard he plays for everton and used to be a red, she said oooh let's get q picture! Why? U don't even know who he is!

bumped into norman wisdom in hong kong in 06
very nice fella but losing it a bit at his ripe old age

liam at maine road when we lost 1-0 to the scum when beckham scored after three mins

the actor who played brian tilsley in an italian restaurant near where lewis' was, he was a complete cock

sally from corrie was sat next to us in the hard rock a couple of years ago, trying to duck the limelight with her kids until she realised that no-one was paying her any attention then she went to the toilet about twenty times in an hour lol

was going into the living room last year when the doorman stopped us to tell us there was a private party on, as i turned round i literally bumped into robbie williams and got pushed aside by a minder. next up was the woman who plays gail platt and she turned round for photos off the press with me shouting 'you're a shit actress' at her

was at a doo the other week when i was introduced to pete waterman, you could have knocked me over with a feather. he kept me talking for ages, a funny guy

nearly forgot about playing pool with tony james and billy idol before a generation x gig at the rafters, and nearly knocking tina weymouth over as she was going into a gig at sheffield uni, ended up helping the band lug the gear in

numerous city players and their parents/spouses over the years

Last week in Wilmslow Waitrose - Didi Hamann - buying a kitchen spatula with his wife - also several months ago Vidic in the same place buying all the Sunday papers. Also Superman in the Palace Hotel AD, had a long chat in the Caviar bar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.