Where did you meet the love of your life, and what happened?

Don't know if she's the love of my life, only time will tell, but I met my girlfriend through a dating app. We had a few dates and a few months of getting to know each other before we declared exclusivity, and since then we've gone from strength to strength. We've both been through a lot - she temporarily moved away for her studies, I've been in and out of hospital, her dad had some pretty major surgery - but we've come out of it stronger. Distance usually kills my relationships but this one's withstood the test and in less than a month we'll be living together after she got a job in Manchester.

We knew from really early on in our relationship that we had a similar way of looking at the world. We both struggled with our mental health in our teen years and still do now, we were both pretty low on the food chain at school but not too low, we've both had shitty partners in the past who took advantage of any decency we expressed. In the end we regard ourselves as incredibly fortunate that we not only found each other, but that we wanted to be more than friends. And we work hard to remember that. She's the only person I've ever thought about marrying without feeling terrified really.

Met the love of my life at a party. She was nursing a half pint glass I took to be cider. Turned out it was whisky. First plus point. Went back to her place. She played Neil Young, After the Gold Rush. Second plus point.. I invited her to join me on a hike. She agreed. Third plus point. She was a nurse, fourth plus point.. The plus points mounted up over a couple of years, sorry can't reveal the details. Got married. Still together over 40 years later. Crikey!

That joke isn't funny anymore; )
And if they dont believe me now, will they ever believe me???

Boston June 2007.... Morrissey bails out after 7 songs and cancels the next 3 gigs I had travelled over for.... I returned but with a romance in the air..... 4 years later my visa was approved.... Been here 8 years now!

first met her through friends from school (83),nothing happened ,then met her in Ibiza (86),nothing happened, then met her at work in Stockport(89) , she used to work near me and we would get the same bus home although we sat separate nothing happened ,then I bumped into her in the white hart in Cheadle (95)and knew straight away I would get married (2000) to her. fucking stalked me for 12 years

Keep them coming lads ..Breaking my heart this thread..The song from Simon Bates Our Tune was actually the Love Theme from Romeo and Juliet, Tchaikovsky.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.