Where did you meet the love of your life, and what happened?

Sid’s nightclub in Stalybridge, it’s a car park now, one night stand has turned into a 35 years relationship, married 30 years next June. Sadly no kids, it wasn't meant to be but I do have a step granddaughter who gets a City shirt for Christmas every year (by choice)!

Don't know if she's the love of my life, only time will tell, but I met my girlfriend through a dating app. We had a few dates and a few months of getting to know each other before we declared exclusivity, and since then we've gone from strength to strength. We've both been through a lot - she temporarily moved away for her studies, I've been in and out of hospital, her dad had some pretty major surgery - but we've come out of it stronger. Distance usually kills my relationships but this one's withstood the test and in less than a month we'll be living together after she got a job in Manchester.

We knew from really early on in our relationship that we had a similar way of looking at the world. We both struggled with our mental health in our teen years and still do now, we were both pretty low on the food chain at school but not too low, we've both had shitty partners in the past who took advantage of any decency we expressed. In the end we regard ourselves as incredibly fortunate that we not only found each other, but that we wanted to be more than friends. And we work hard to remember that. She's the only person I've ever thought about marrying without feeling terrified really.
All the best for the future together, sounds you may have both overcome a lot, maybe it was meant to be.

417798_10151455213306099_646292857_n.jpg
Does she have a mother?

First wife was in a club in Timperley, cant remember the name and it's not there now. New years eve and a bit worse for the wear, me, not her....she was with a mate etc etc, got her phone number and her mate gave my mate her number which turned out to be false. Set up a meeting but for the life of me couldn't remember what she looked like so I pounced on the first single girl in the place and the rest is/was history. The present wife was a sort of blind date as another mate was feeling sorry for me, fortunately she was a close friend of his wife. First date I thought I'd impress her by taking her to see Miss Saigon, not that I have an liking for the show but I had heard it had a helicopter on stage.
I can only think of either Jeeves or Solo's in the Woodlands Court Hotel on Wellington Rd, Timperley.
Had many a good night in there chasing posh fanny :)

All the best for the future together, sounds you may have both overcome a lot, maybe it was meant to be.
Thanks very much, I'm hoping that it all goes well. Obviously living together is going to be a huge change in dynamic for us both, and she's moving up from London to make this work, but I think we're prepared to accept that things can never be the same once you're sharing a place with someone. It's whether that change becomes a positive or negative one that we still have complete control of. We've lived together before, albeit it for a month, and that seemed to go okay. If we take things a month at a time we'll nearly be a year down the road before long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.