Where do we go from here? Part 2

MCFC-alan88 said:
The unfortunate thing is that this forum now has a distinct lack of decent content. Everything turns into petty arguments and "would you smash it" threads.

What's even worse is, I get bored and look on ragcafe and they actually have some good debates going on. Call me a rag if you feel like it, doesn't change anything.

Very true.

MCFC-alan88 said:
Believe it. I look here and we have (at my time of looking) 6 threads about the Scum and their players, you could say that's a one time thing because of the weekend, but it's not. It's not just that, they aren't actual discussions, just post after post of abuse which just seems absolutely pointless to me..

Would have to agree with this. I get fed up with the constant stream of abuse threads (especially the ones about our own players!) and in particular the Utd/anti-Utd threads, and go off doing something else instead. I don't get much time to be on the forum (ie can't sit at work all day on the forum!) so don't want to waste it trying to find the good posts buried in drivel.

I don't have time to read or post normally, I am not on-line at home so I only get an hour in the library every now and again, but I cannot understand why time is wasted even thinking about the rags let alone posting. I do think there seem to be a lot of arguements (do you know each other personally), but as I said I don't post enough to be able to slag anyone (not that I would) or come to any conclusion on how the forum is run.

The money has ruined us.

A few years ago we were content discussing days out at York, Jeff Whitley's driving performances from the middle of the park and how Andy Morrison was on his way to legendary status.

We were happy... but poor.

Now it's all SQL error messages, "stickies" and door smashing.

Bring back the fanzines!

Soulboy said:
The money has ruined us.

A few years ago we were content discussing days out at York, Jeff Whitley's driving performances from the middle of the park and how Andy Morrison was on his way to legendary status.

Bring back the fanzines!

Yep. It's all about money now. You need to spend hundreds of pounds on a computer, then you've got your software....

Talking City has become exclusively for the middle classes.

In the 80s it's was 50p for your fanzine. You could read it anywhere. You could have a pint whilst reading it, and share it with your mates.

You have to sit down to talk on a forum. You can't even stand. That says it all.

Any news Prestwich_Blue and Didsbury Dave that Ric is to be replaced by Juan on the vamosmadridforum.com who used to run the interultras.net site?

WNRH said:
Any news Prestwich_Blue and Didsbury Dave that Ric is to be replaced by Juan on the vamosmadridforum.com who used to run the interultras.net site?

I've had a PM on this from someone very high up in the club.

I can't say anymore than that.

WNRH said:

I believe he's been making noises. Great track record. i'd have him in a heartbeat, even though he has forum-hopped a bit for the last few years.

Didsbury Dave said:
Soulboy said:
The money has ruined us.

Bring back the fanzines!

Yep. It's all about money now. You need to spend hundreds of pounds on a computer, then you've got your software....

In the 80s it's was 50p for your fanzine. You could read it anywhere. You could have a pint whilst reading it, and share it with your mates.

You have to sit down to talk on a forum. You can't even stand. That says it all.
worse still i've heard that starting from next season 'normal' posters will only be able to post on match days when we are playing anyone outside of the top 6
if its a top 6 game then only the 'executive' posters will be allowed a look in whilst we'll be able to read the threads but not post as the log in will be disabled
there was a suggestion that there may be a ballot for posters with over 10000 posts, but only three posts per match thread will be allowed to allow the executives more space

squirtyflower said:
Didsbury Dave said:

worse still i've heard that starting from next season 'normal' posters will only be able to post on match days when we are playing anyone outside of the top 6
if its a top 6 game then only the 'executive' posters will be allowed a look in whilst we'll be able to read the threads but not post as the log in will be disabled
there was a suggestion that there may be a ballot for posters with over 10000 posts, but only three posts per match thread will be allowed to allow the executives more space

Do loyality points from fanzines count? I used to buy 2 or 3 a month and it aint right that i have been here since the early 70s and yet Jap birds with cameras can get into OT whilst i have to watch it streamed on <a class="postlink" href="http://www.massiveknockers.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.massiveknockers.com</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.