Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

Was hoping we would really overhaul the midfield and full back positions. As we haven't I expect 2nd or 3rd.

Those saying 1st have blue tinted specs. We've brought in a great player in Sterling but this doesn't cover over the squads deficiencies.
We've won the league twice in four years. If we sign KDB we will have the best front six in the league. The only real weakness is the LB position and even that isn't as awful as some would have you believe. I'm expecting much better seasons from Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala and Toure. As it stands we will go toe to toe with Chelsea and I think we'll pip them to the title.
It's hardly blue tinted specs - we're not Liverpool for fucks sake.

We've won the league twice in four years. If we sign KDB we will have the best front six in the league. The only real weakness is the LB position and even that isn't as awful as some would have you believe. I'm expecting much better seasons from Zabaleta, Kompany, Mangala and Toure. As it stands we will go toe to toe with Chelsea and I think we'll pip them to the title.
It's hardly blue tinted specs - we're not Liverpool for fucks sake.

Don't think we'll pip them to the title. They grind out wins and with the likelihood of playing Toure with either Fernando or Fernindinho again in a midfield two we'll be overrun in midfield. Our attack will win us the majority of games but like last season in some games we'll come up short.

Don't think we'll pip them to the title. They grind out wins and with the likelihood of playing Toure with either Fernando or Fernindinho again in a midfield two we'll be overrun in midfield. Our attack will win us the majority of games but like last season in some games we'll come up short.
I just don't see us making the same mistakes again when it comes to the midfield pairing. I've a feeling we'll see more of how we finished the season with an extra body in there leaving Aguero up on his own.

i think last summer and the season that followed put a lot of people on edge for much of last season , which was reflected in cagey atmospheres and a lot of complaining (sometimes valid!).

we had a squad that was being touted as the strongest by a mile, 2 players in every position, the league was ours to lose. what followed was numerous players who couldnt find form, the toure debacle and admittedly some frustrating line ups, depending on your point of view.

so this season it seems, sadly, that the caginess has naturally evolved into pessimism and cynicism about our dealings and pre-season preparations. you can understand it to an extent. Fans are waiting to see 4 wins on the bounce, a victory over chelsea etc, change in midfield strategy before investing so much hope again.

it's difficult. i think if we have correct/better tactics to suit the players and simply a handful of players coming back to form, we should win the league, simple as. Yes chelsea are strong opponents but we're better. sadly i see a lot of pessimism on here as a result of last season.

Just hoping our plastic team avoids relegation with our team of no character mercenaries up against all the real football teams in the league.

Seriously, who knows where we finish. Somewhere in the top four, depending on form of key players, injuries, refereeing decisions, cup runs, and our rivals' luck with all the same factors. I think we will be better next year, but so will the rest of the top four. I can't see Liverpool challenging for anything.

Based on what i've seen in pre-season i.e the understanding that Merlin & Sterling already have, the fluid formation, squad depth, Copa players to come back and KDB to come (Not gonna say Pogba as I think we can win it without him) then I'm fully confident of winning the title and possibly a domestic treble. It's the most excited I've been going into a new season.

Depends on the rest of the window. As it stands - even with the excellent acquisition of Sterling, I think we will come up short to Chelsea (and maybe even Arsenal - although doubtful) and probably do the same as last year in the Chumps League. 3 more top signings needed - one being LB.

Luck is going to come into it big time this season, chelsea will be monstrous again, arsenal will do well and the scum will probably be hard to beat. It will come down to whether or not we can get points off of our big rivals. liverpool are looking a bit tastier now as well

You could even argue that Zaba was poor for most of last season, Clichy was inconsistent, and Mangala should now be much better after a first year of adapting. With the addition of Sterling, Delph and potentially De Bruyne, I think if our defense sharpens up, and we learn how to press as a unit, we could win the league by 6 points. Obviously I'd like a true destroyer and a top class LB, but we should have the squad to cope. We won't lose Yaya and Bony this year and we won't have the striker crisis.
Will be very interesting to see how we line up this season.

I would like to see a 4 3 1 2 with Fernando, Delph and Fernandinho the 3 and Silva in behind Sterling and Aguero. We weren't competitive enough in midfield last season and we have to rectify that

Depends on the rest of the window. As it stands - even with the excellent acquisition of Sterling, I think we will come up short to Chelsea (and maybe even Arsenal - although doubtful) and probably do the same as last year in the Chumps League. 3 more top signings needed - one being LB.
CL is a lottery. Case of avoiding Barca,Bayern, Real Madrid and PSG as they are beyond the rest. Then its a lottery in a semi-final where you can get lucky like Juve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.