Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

I honestly believe it depends on Yaya, if he is going to be a regular starter then we'll finish 2nd/3rd in the league and get knocked out by the last 16 of the Champions League. If we can buy a top class, energetic midfielder and Yaya plays a squad role and we get Dr Bruyne then I truly believe we can win the lot.

Obviously we won't because there are so many variables (luck, refereeing decisions, injury/suspension) but other than Real, Barca and Bayern I don't think anyone else is close.

You definitely need decisions and luck to go our way. I always think of the Rags in 1999 and 2008 - Jaysus - shot going wide - hits Sherringham foot -then 2008 Terry missing that pen.

League - 2nd or 3rd at the moment, but the remainder of the window could alter that prediction.

Champs League - Quarter Finals (a new PB)

FA Cup - no reason why we can't win it

League Cup - will be difficult to win it because we'll be playing an extremely young side, but they have enough quality to get to the quarters or semis with a decent draw. After that, if Pellers brings in a few more experienced guys, we can win it. If not, we'll probably bow out gallantly.

Think we will finish 2nd behind Arsenal. I think we will win the FA cup and get to champs league last 8.

Much depends on the coach and his tactics,selections,substitutions and player motivation. I get the impression that he doesn't DRILL the defensive unit repetitively until they can perform the art of defending in their sleep,something that Maureen and other coaches seem to do as their first responsibility. Like wise corners and free kicks. Perfecting these aspects of our game could make the difference in a tight league. We've got the forward talent to score 95 goals if everyone stays fit and we've a squad as good as anyone else's. We can win it and should win it,but with our coach.......?

If I knew how to insert images, I would be inserting a photo of Pellegrini holding the Premier league title above his head
I too think we have the capability to win the league, but to defend OP's stance, it was a bit of a down year that year for top teams. I believe the top 6 will be possibly the strongest its been this year on a long time. Teams look loaded and ready for a fight this year IMO.

I too think we have the capability to win the league, but to defend OP's stance, it was a bit of a down year that year for top teams. I believe the top 6 will be possibly the strongest its been this year on a long time. Teams look loaded and ready for a fight this year IMO.

strongest or most competitive? english teams were made to look like conference drop outs in europe last year

The weaknesses in the squad will more than likely hurt us at points. Also not having the South Americans settled into the squad for a while could hurt us.

My only prediction is that we'll probably be fantastic and dire in spits and spats. Whether we win anything could be pure luck as to the timing of these good/bad periods.

Pity as we are very close to an excellent squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.