Where do you think we'll finish this season and why?

I think it's really hard to call this season. No doubt we can win the Premiership but so can Chelsea and Arsenal looked much improved at the end of last season. On paper Man U and Liverpool should be contesting 4th place but again, it's possible one, or both, those teams could perform better than anticipated. My hopes for the season are that we take the domestic cup competitions more seriously than we appeared to do last year and that in the Premiership we continue to try and entertain. Unfortunately missing out on CL qualification is such a killer financially that, for the top teams, it's become the 'be all and end all' to the detriment of entertainment. On an optimistic note: Zabba and Vinny will be keen to put last season behind them, Mangala has had time to settle, Yaya should be rested for once, Segio and Sterling should be fired up to prove some critics wrong and the younger lads can all take something positive from pre-season. Whatever happens, watching great players play great football is why we pay our season ticket money so let's hope we see plenty of great football.

The real question is what the odds are of Komps, Yaya, Nasri, Zaba and Mangala putting in performances throughout the season as poor as they did last season. I think it's unlikely. When we then factor in i. the new signings (particularly Sterling who looks like he'll be a player and assuming KDB is one of them); ii. losing some of the deadwood; iii. Bony showing us what he can do; iv. the youngsters; and v. the squads of our rivals, I think we'll be in the top 2.

1st
Sterling will be huge for us this season. Delph also will help if we bring in De Bruyne and another midfielder then home and dry

The real question is what the odds are of Komps, Yaya, Nasri, Zaba and Mangala putting in performances throughout the season as poor as they did last season.

Depends how they are played. Our defence would look much better if we defended a bit deeper and didn't rotate so much. I think Yaya will have a better season as he may get a few more rests and will probably play in a central 3 which should help him. Nasri slows our play down too much and I don't think he'll be an automatic starter anyway if we get KDB and/or another midfield player.

When we only look back a few months - Jan - it is amazing how we were equal top - but 2nd alphabetically. Then we hit the skids to finish ............2nd..............
8 points off Chelsea

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.