Where does Francis Lee rate?

Two blokes, one from nearby, the other from practically the other end of the country, brought together by Joe and Mal, formed a lifelong love of the club and a great friendship for each other.
Yes, Swindon seemed a long way away in those days but i just looked him up again and had forgotten he was born in Preston.

The key player that wins us first Champions League will also be remembered like Aguero.

We’ve already won it haven’t we?

I don’t think Rodri will be remembered in the same way aguero is. The champions league felt inevitable for me . The aguero moment was a once in a lifetime event

We’ve already won it haven’t we?

I don’t think Rodri will be remembered in the same way aguero is. The champions league felt inevitable for me . The aguero moment was a once in a lifetime event

Depends on generations of fans, the newer generations will remember winning champions league fondly compared the older generations.

Depends on generations of fans, the newer generations will remember winning champions league fondly compared the older generations.

Maybe. I’m 29 never saw Colin bell play. I hold him probably above all of our legends. This is due to his legend passing down and hearing things from family and other blues. I’ll always remember the aguero moment more than Rodri scoring

I am one of the fortunate ones who saw Franny play for City. He was certainly a lot more than the Lee Won Pen he was portrayed as. Obviously the majority of todays supporters rely on here say, you tube and maybe media reports about him but where would fans put him in their list of City greats? For me I couldn't put him above Colin Bell, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne or Sergio Aguero but he must high up most peoples list.
He’s certainly in that level of company.

Lee ONE pen

As i said on his tribute thread this nickname came from The Pink, in results it would list scorers so Lee 1 (Pen) or Lee 2 (1Pen)

I don't like comparisons as its not possible to do so for different eras I agree that the nearest comparison, for those who didn't see him play, would be Tevez

Lets just say he was one of our greats like Bell, Summerbee, Young Oakes, Silva, Kun, Yaya, KDB, and those I never saw play, going off what I dad said Doherty K.Barnes, Trautmann, Swift, Leivers etc
Used to be a standing joke…
‘Who’s that Chinese player City have signed?’
‘LEE WON PEN’

Two blokes, one from nearby, the other from practically the other end of the country, brought together by Joe and Mal, formed a lifelong love of the club and a great friendship for each other.

And both have put far more into Manchester City than they took out.
I know what you mean about Buzzer being brought from the other end of the country ..but he was of course originally from the north,being born in Preston.,lancs.

Edit; just seen earlier post on this point..; )

Lee ONE pen

As i said on his tribute thread this nickname came from The Pink, in results it would list scorers so Lee 1 (Pen) or Lee 2 (1Pen)

I don't like comparisons as its not possible to do so for different eras I agree that the nearest comparison, for those who didn't see him play, would be Tevez

Lets just say he was one of our greats like Bell, Summerbee, Young Oakes, Silva, Kun, Yaya, KDB, and those I never saw play, going off what I dad said Doherty K.Barnes, Trautmann, Swift, Leivers etc
Ýou forgot Mike Doyle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.