Where Does This Treble Put Us?

I think it puts us in the top two teams to play the game

Would love to see us vs a prime Barcelona because the were phenomenal
We’ve got a really strong claim for best English side ever (actually think the Centurions are the best English side ever), but we’re not a patch on Pep’s Barcelona imo.

They’re the best football team ever to play the game, with the best player ever to play the game, and arguably the best midfield 3 ever behind him. I don’t think that team will ever be bettered.

In PL history? The best. In english football history? On par with Liverpool 70-80. In terms of football history? A step below Ajax 70, Milan 80-90 and Pep's barca. On par with Liverpool 80, Madrid 50, Bayern 70 and Benfica 60. At the very least we are a top 8 team of all time and with 1 extra UCL we are a clear contender for top 3.

We’ve got a really strong claim for best English side ever (actually think the Centurions are the best English side ever), but we’re not a patch on Pep’s Barcelona imo.

They’re the best football team ever to play the game, with the best player ever to play the game, and arguably the best midfield 3 ever behind him. I don’t think that team will ever be bettered.
I've thought about this. I think individually, that Barca will never be beaten. They have arguably the best player of all time. Arguably 4 players who are top 3-5 in their positions in football history (Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alves), and another 4-5 players who were in the top 3 for their positions at the time (Pique, Puyol, Etoo, Henry, Villa, Fabregas). BUT we have a better Pep than what they had, and our team I think is incredibly solid and resilient these last 3 seasons. I think just for this Pep, it would be closer than the individual quality difference between the teams.

In the conversation for best English team of all time, and the rest is pub table chat that will be shaped by your own prejudice and orientations. And the same for Pep as best manager in the history of football.

This is the best team in this country, ever.

The Treble is an incredibly rare occurrence.

To do it against a backdrop of the disruption of the World Cup and the blatant attempt to de-stablise us with ‘the charges” only adds to the greatness of the achievement.

This team is run very close by some of our other recent teams who were “sexier” and more exciting to watch but this team has more defensive robustness, more maturity and is more street wise.

Name me a better side from this country. I’ll wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.