Where Does This Treble Put Us?

Im biased.....but i genuinely believe that was the best ever Treble.

Break it down,and its difficult to disagree.

This team is the very best the Prem has seen,its not even a debate.
Damn right, especially with a PL record broken while we achieved it.

As far as I am concerned it has been the greatest football the PL (and any league) has ever seen.

CL title at last
Treble
3peat
No goals against in the fa Cup
Twatting RM / BM on the way.
Breaking the PL record with Haaland.

What else? It's everything surely!
Totally agree, no need for me to read any more of the thread (with all due respect to other posters). It's not just what we have achieved but the way we have done it, smashing record after record on what seems to be almost a weekly basis along the way, and playing some of the most entertaining football I have seen in my 63 years.

If that's not enough for anybody we haven't broken the bank to do it (contrary to popular belief). Both United and Chelsea have spent more and have a higher wage bill. In fact if you look at our net spend, i.e. including income from players sold, this season we rank just 18th. No that's not a typo, EIGHTEENTH of 20 clubs, and one of only three to turn a profit.

I think the 6 year figure places us around 8th place, which is quite remarkable when you look at what we've achieved in that time; 5 titles, 2 CL finals, a semi final and 3 quarter finals, 2 FA Cups and 3 semis, 4 League Cups, as well as the collective achievements (trebles, doubles etc). Nobody has done anything like this, the trophies, the records, the style of play. I may be biased but I defy anybody to say they have done better than we have.

Totally agree, no need for me to read any more of the thread (with all due respect to other posters). It's not just what we have achieved but the way we have done it, smashing record after record on what seems to be almost a weekly basis along the way, and playing some of the most entertaining football I have seen in my 63 years.

If that's not enough for anybody we haven't broken the bank to do it (contrary to popular belief). Both United and Chelsea have spent more and have a higher wage bill. In fact if you look at our net spend, i.e. including income from players sold, this season we rank just 18th. No that's not a typo, EIGHTEENTH of 20 clubs, and one of only three to turn a profit.

I think the 6 year figure places us around 8th place, which is quite remarkable when you look at what we've achieved in that time; 5 titles, 2 CL finals, a semi final and 3 quarter finals, 2 FA Cups and 3 semis, 4 League Cups, as well as the collective achievements (trebles, doubles etc). Nobody has done anything like this, the trophies, the records, the style of play. I may be biased but I defy anybody to say they have done better than we have.
I struggle to find anyone, even the 1999 rags I find it hard.

In 1999 I think they spent the most than anyone else in the league.

I've thought about this. I think individually, that Barca will never be beaten. They have arguably the best player of all time. Arguably 4 players who are top 3-5 in their positions in football history (Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alves), and another 4-5 players who were in the top 3 for their positions at the time (Pique, Puyol, Etoo, Henry, Villa, Fabregas). BUT we have a better Pep than what they had, and our team I think is incredibly solid and resilient these last 3 seasons. I think just for this Pep, it would be closer than the individual quality difference between the teams.
I think that Pep was just as good tbh

Amazingly, Real and Milan have never won the Treble, in spite of winning the CL 21 times between them. The greatest Milan side (88-90) failed even to win back to back Serie A titles. To win the CL while winning the PL 3 times in a row is fantastic.
There was an article the other day talking about which teams have been the fully dominant champions of Europe (can't remember exactly what they called it). The definition was that you have to qualify as champions, then also win your domestic league and cup in the same year. There are only a few clubs that have done it. We're now one of them.

Best ever European treble and only true and proper one IMO. I still don't think you should be in the competition unless you are Champions of your respective nation.
On that note, didn't the rags only get a place in the '99 CL because of a rule change that season? Under previous seasons rules they wouldn't have even qualified IIRC. And they only made the FAC final thanks to a last second missed penalty by Arsenal in the semi, Bergkamp I think it was.

Last five years spend and net.

Captur.PNG

Capture.PNG

Facts!

Yet not one reporter (Bar the odd exception) will report that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.