Where have all the Hooligans gone ?

scottyboi said:
Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
unsworthblue said:
Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
This might sound like a bit of a weird reply, however, I would prefer us to have a bit of a hooligan element to help protect the non hooligans. If there's a set of fans who want to pile into the City fans, then I would prefer that there are people who were up for it and gave some back, instead of people who weren't up for it getting a kicking.
I don't believe City fans should go looking for trouble anymore, but if trouble came along, then there is enough lads there to cope with it and give some back.

And just look how many views there has been on this thread. It's obviously something that does interest alot of people.
yeah bring back the guvnors!

I do have a little chuckle when you see camera phone action on youtube, as an example, last season against Brum at home, and City fans who have posted it saying in the comments that the Guvnors did over Brum that day and the Zulu's in their hoods with sunglasses sewn into them were blitzed everywhere, like the Guvnors were out in force coz it was the Zulu's anniversary. To me it looked like the Zulu's came out giving it large to the City lot coming out, and got slapped by passers by who were up for getting involved. No Guvnor element involved, just fans going past at the time.

at the stoke match you should of seen the amount we had out and about. The police didnt no what to do haha everyone walked down some tunnel near the ground and the police didnt know were it went. Nothing kicked off but there was loads of big ***** out and about.

I was there mate. We were with everyone who got locked in the away end, outside, waiting for the buses to come back.
There was City's verson of the MIB there, hood up, scarves over their faces, on the phone blah blah blah. On the bus on the way back to the station with blokes singing about cocaine on the bottom floor of the bus...Bing Bing. Saw all the City fans bouncing to that shit Tevez tune and getting battoned off the police, everyone pushing forward to get out.

If they call themselves the Guvnors, isn't it time they rebranded themselves to move on
with the times? ;-)

scottyboi said:
Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
unsworthblue said:
Mada-MCFC-adaM said:
This might sound like a bit of a weird reply, however, I would prefer us to have a bit of a hooligan element to help protect the non hooligans. If there's a set of fans who want to pile into the City fans, then I would prefer that there are people who were up for it and gave some back, instead of people who weren't up for it getting a kicking.
I don't believe City fans should go looking for trouble anymore, but if trouble came along, then there is enough lads there to cope with it and give some back.

And just look how many views there has been on this thread. It's obviously something that does interest alot of people.
yeah bring back the guvnors!

I do have a little chuckle when you see camera phone action on youtube, as an example, last season against Brum at home, and City fans who have posted it saying in the comments that the Guvnors did over Brum that day and the Zulu's in their hoods with sunglasses sewn into them were blitzed everywhere, like the Guvnors were out in force coz it was the Zulu's anniversary. To me it looked like the Zulu's came out giving it large to the City lot coming out, and got slapped by passers by who were up for getting involved. No Guvnor element involved, just fans going past at the time.

at the stoke match you should of seen the amount we had out and about. The police didnt no what to do haha everyone walked down some tunnel near the ground and the police didnt know were it went. Nothing kicked off but there was loads of big ***** out and about.

I have pictures, ill send privatley if you like

I would suggest that young working class lads who come from areas such as Moss Side, Hulme, Gorton, Levenshulme (where city's biggest pull of game lads would come from) now have other more financially rewarding distractions.

the bottom line with hooliginism nowerday is that the policing is better and the punishment for throwing one petty dig can be as 4 years inside! No doubt you still get big turnouts for high profile games like stoke and sheff united in the cup last year but it's simply not worth it anymore.

in the 70's and 80's you could have a ruck anywhere and wouldnt get caught. Many of the older hooligans have simply hanged up thier boots fo resons such as familiy, jobs, and punishment. Plus the older lads who did now how to have a propper tear up are known left right and center to the police and havent got a chance to throw a punch.

Realisticly the only places were city's boys will get a scrap now is in european away games were in some countries like croatia, Italy and Poland is still like the 70's and 80's. ctid

There is a big difference about organised hooligans & fans just getting involved because of a certain situation .but on a scale of 1-10 it is minus 1 compared to years ago & just a bit of shoveing & chanting makes a good story now a days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.