Where have all the Insects gone ?

For the past 8 years, since I moved into our present house we have had mining bees burrowing in the lawn every summer. This year not one has been present.

For the past 8 years, since I moved into our present house we have had mining bees burrowing in the lawn every summer. This year not one has been present.
The pavement outside our house had miner bees this year.
We have had plenty of bees of all types, but not much else. The bees particularly like our lavender and our geraniums.

Another worrying sign of the decline of our insects.
Hard to tell what has caused this but it seems to be in tandem with many other anecdotal posts on this thread.

Oh, and not a wasp in sight.
I've not seen a wasp all summer. Out in the countryside nor in built up areas. This is the 1st year I've not seen a wasp anywhere. The occasional Honey Bee, but no wasps ..or Hornets for that matter.

They must be about somewhere as I've seen plenty of Honey Buzzards about , the raptor which lives chiefly on Bees Wasps and actively searches out their nests and digs them out to gorge on them,somehow remaining immune to the stings .
Always found it strange how such a large bird of Prey concentrates on such a specialized diet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.