Where have all the Insects gone ?

Dragonflies on the pond as usual, last year millions of butterflies and few insects, this year more insects ( on the front of the cars ) and fewer butterflies. Had 2 large wasp nest last year but non so far......and fucking millions of blackberries, more than I've ever seen.....Nature has her way and for all the right reasons

I know where they've gone the spider the size of a mouse I had to eject last night has eaten them all, the free loading squatter.

Dragonflies on the pond as usual, last year millions of butterflies and few insects, this year more insects ( on the front of the cars ) and fewer butterflies. Had 2 large wasp nest last year but non so far......and fucking millions of blackberries, more than I've ever seen.....Nature has her way and for all the right reasons
This is what surprises me, dragonflies eat other insects. So for them to be loads around, and some of them are pretty big, there must be plenty of insects around for them to feed off.
Agree on the butterflies, can remember seeing loads as a kid, they do seem to be few and far between these days.

The UKs flying insects have declined 60% in 2 decades. Climate change and decimation of habitat are blamed. Of course this also has a detrimental impact up the foodchain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.