Where have all the Insects gone ?

I bet all the shit and ugly fake lawns that this country is becoming increasingly obsessed with don't help. I absolutely cannot stand artificial grass. It looks ugly and kills off the insect population.
Wonder how long they’ll last. Will they be bleached by sunlight?

Really bad for drainage too. Not great for flash flooding.

I bet all the shit and ugly fake lawns that this country is becoming increasingly obsessed with don't help. I absolutely cannot stand artificial grass. It looks ugly and kills off the insect population.
To be fair a normal grass lawn was probably a massive open field before the house with the garden was built there. It's this habitat loss that's responsible and there's nothing we can do except to stop building but people need houses etc.

I think this is going to be worse than climate change. With climate change we can build air con and we can fortify river banks or whatever but you can't do much when the entire insect population dies taking the upper food chain with it.

In 100 years we probably won't be underwater but we will more than likely be eating artificial lab grown shite because everything else will be dead.

Neighbour has some and you also can’t walk barefoot on them in summer over here as it burns your feet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.