Where have all the Insects gone ?

Wasps have virtually disappeared this summer/autumn, I've seen the odd one, but normally this is when they are a pain, don't remember many last year either.

We've still had plenty of flies of all sorts, and bees seem to be doing OK, butterflies less so.

Over the past week in our garden we've had a few insect eating predators, newts, frogs, a big hedgehog and a slow worm, over the last few years we had a bat but not seen it this this year......there must be insects about. I seem to remember after covid there were millions about, butterflies everywhere, maybe there's something related...

Caused by pollution or the weather as this year not a single greenfly on the roses, one white butterfly/cabbage fly, no flies in the house but a few bees collecting pollen from flowers because one of my neighbours keeps beehives

The squirrels starving pinching the bulbs and the trees are full of berries so a cold winter to follow I think

I recall a conversation ,by phone, with a Blue from Blackley, this summer.
He and his missus drove, for a holiday from North Manchester....to Torquay. He tells me, that ....on that long journey there and back, there were no insects on his car windscreen...

Just have a think about that......

What is happening ?

And do not suggest global warming, all insects love the Sun. We all do.
It gives all Creatures ....Energy.

The small, sensitive bodies that used to buzz and fly around our homes are now gone. Their tiny intricate bodies, many fitted with their own , internal sat nav systems,...can NOT cope with the hum of the modern broadband ,which we humans " need " to make faster, stronger ,better..

Once the Insects go. Then the Songbirds will too.

The Dawn Chorus,used to be an enlivening characteristic of British life
Everybody heard it, full throttle,, every songbird Blackbirds Song thrush Crow, Robin, Wren the etc etc would take part.

WHERE IS THE DAWN CHORUS NOW ?

Why are we letting nature die,before our very eyes ?
Got any peer reviewed evidence for the broadband claim or is it just tin foil hat nonsense?
Plenty of flies and moths round here. Wasps are down and as for birds, it’s a cacophony round here.

Last edited:
I recall a conversation ,by phone, with a Blue from Blackley, this summer.
He and his missus drove, for a holiday from North Manchester....to Torquay. He tells me, that ....on that long journey there and back, there were no insects on his car windscreen...

Just have a think about that......

What is happening ?

And do not suggest global warming, all insects love the Sun. We all do.
It gives all Creatures ....Energy.

The small, sensitive bodies that used to buzz and fly around our homes are now gone. Their tiny intricate bodies, many fitted with their own , internal sat nav systems,...can NOT cope with the hum of the modern broadband ,which we humans " need " to make faster, stronger ,better..

Once the Insects go. Then the Songbirds will too.

The Dawn Chorus,used to be an enlivening characteristic of British life
Everybody heard it, full throttle,, every songbird Blackbirds Song thrush Crow, Robin, Wren the etc etc would take part.

WHERE IS THE DAWN CHORUS NOW ?

Why are we letting nature die,before our very eyes ?
It’s the Covid vaccine obviously.

Got any peer reviewed evidence for the broadband claim or is it just tin foil hat nonsense?
Plenty of flies and moths round here. Wasps are down and as for birds, it’s a cacophony round here.
I like the way he rules out climate change as a possible factor and that it’s more likely to be broadband related. Clearly the global effect of climate change on natural habitats is less consequential than some cables under the pavement going to some green boxes that hum sometimes.

I like the way he rules out climate change as a possible factor and that it’s more likely to be broadband related. Clearly the global effect of climate change on natural habitats is less consequential than some cables under the pavement going to some green boxes that hum sometimes.
Imagine if it affected birds migration and I think there was survey many moons ago. I reckon it's all to do with El Nino. Or the Russians.

You should try living here mate, it's like living in a bastard aviary at 6am every morning....feathered twats.
No thanks mate. Even after Jabcinda left your quarters to retur.n.home
I'd rather Exist in The British Isles with nature flourishing, if it would/ could return that way.
Man. And his ideas , ho Hum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.