Where have all the police gone?

The purpose of your post was to criticise the police as highlighted by your “if he wasn’t dead then he sure as fuck is now” comment. Insinuating that if they’d got there sooner they’d perhaps have been able to bring a dead person back to life.

Every public service is absolutely FUCKED. There’s no point moaning about it anymore.

Thanks for letting me know the purpose of my post.

Under government reorganisation in 1974 Greater Manchester Police were formed. There were 6,628 officers.
In 1974 we did not have computers to commit fraud or sex crimes. We did not have mobile phones to allow world wide drug dealing. There were little or no firearms flooding in from other countries. We did not have a multi million pound counterfeiting problem. People were not trafficked for sex or work.

In 2020 GMP had 6,886 police officers and all of the above to deal with.

Under government reorganisation in 1974 Greater Manchester Police were formed. There were 6,628 officers.
In 1974 we did not have computers to commit fraud or sex crimes. We did not have mobile phones to allow world wide drug dealing. There were little or no firearms flooding in from other countries. We did not have a multi million pound counterfeiting problem. People were not trafficked for sex or work.

In 2020 GMP had 6,886 police officers and all of the above to deal with.
TBF in 1974 there were no pcso's and a host of other civilian staff in 2023 total police staff headcount was 13,172 plus 4,932 civilian staff

1000056159.jpg

TBF in 1974 there were no pcso's and a host of other civilian staff in 2023 total police staff headcount was 13,172 plus 4,932 civilian staff

View attachment 109956
PCSO are not police. They are a cheap version (was it Teresa May as Home Secretary ?) Not having a go at them as such but they are there to fool the public.
Civilians, yes there are more of them now and they do a great job, examining phones etc but surely you understand my point.
50 years on, the number of cops has not increased by more than 200.

Edit: my apologies. They have reversed the previous cuts and are now up to 8,000

PCSO are not police. They are a cheap version (was it Teresa May as Home Secretary ?) Not having a go at them as such but they are there to fool the public.
Civilians, yes there are more of them now and they do a great job, examining phones etc but surely you understand my point.
50 years on, the number of cops has not increased by more than 200.

Edit: my apologies. They have reversed the previous cuts and are now up to 8,000
2002 PCSO's introduced uncle Tony's gang.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.