Where Hughes went wrong

CrossingNewburyStreet said:
shlooney said:
TOTALLY disagree.

6th in league.
Semi finals of league cup.
Beaten once (don't include United - they cheated).

Yes some shaky results but SO WHAT. Takes time to gel the team for gods sake. Should have given him at least till the end of the season.

Questions

Do you think Mancini will give a toss about youth development?
If (and it s a big one) we get any success do you think he will hang around for long? Or do you think he will use us as a stepping stone to a more glamorous club?

We had a chance, i believe, of creating a new Clough/Shankly style DYNASTY under Hughes. All gone now. WHAT a cock up!

I am, frankly, depressed and embarrassed.

You do know that Mancini sent his own son over to our Academy don't you? And he brought through several youngsters at Inter AND gave them lots of pitch time. I would imagine Vladimir Weiss is throwing a party to celebrate even as we speak...

Not relevant at all. Mancini's son isn't any good, he's on loan to a 4th division Italian side. Plus, when he was loaned here, Sven was in charge and don't forget that Sven and Mancini are good friends.

shlooney said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Are you the guy that who posted the other week that Hughes was our best manager since Joe Mercer?

He failed consistently for a season and a half. There was no evidence of him improving things. He had to go.

I really must be missing something i honestly dont get this.

I repeat.
6th in the league.
semi finals of the one cup we have been in thus far.
Some BRILLIANT performances.
Give me that at the start of the season and i will have snapped your bloody hand off

Get this, you dont matter, the owner does however and for him and many others of us, he wasnt good enough.

Neville Kneville said:
Strange how many people still want to start threads slagging off Hughes when he's actually gone & has no connection to the club wheras most who didn't want him sacking are taliking about what happens next with the new manager. Makes you wonder.

If there weren't knob head City fans all over the media implying that our owners are dicks for sacking him then maybe other supporters wouldn't feel the need to justify the decision.

I was initially angered with Hughes being sacked, but have come to accept it was the right thing for the club and inevitable.

And one thing has struck me after reading the Owners statement...

Alot of us, including me, have spoken at length about only 2 losses and that the 8 draws were 8 points gained rather than 8 lost (as thats probably what would have happened last season)

But i believe we should stop thinking that way, and the Owners are thinking that it was actually 16 points LOST. If we had won 5 of those games, we'd be 2nd.

During December we have beaten Arsenal, Chelsea and Sunderland. We fought back with ten men to draw with Bolton, with the most appalling refereeing. Bellamy red carded for diving, when it should have been a free-kick in a great position. Bad result against Spurs, but thats the exception, the second loss in any competition this year.

Even Santa Cruz is now justifying Hughes' judgement and scored a brace on Saturday. Bellamy runs his socks off for Hughes. Tevez said last week it was Hughes' vision that brought him to the club.

Sixth in the league. The stated target according to the club was sixth.

If this is getting it wrong I will bare my arse.

Didsbury Dave said:
I'm glad Hughes was sacked and I welcome the change of manager. And I couldn't really give a damn about the "way" in which he was sacked, to be honest. It's a smokescreen.

A smokescreen for what?

Why make us look like a club i thought professionalism, without dignity, without respect? If we had sacked Hughes the day after the Spurs game, i think a lot more fans would feel much easier about the entire situation.

Having a stadium full of fans knowing the manager is gone befre he has is shit. Having Cooke both publically back and undermime Hughes is not on, having our approaches for other managers leak whilst we still have one is ridiculous.

Was there an end product worth all that?

Every City fan I know is happy about this.

I was at a party on Saturday night and there were 7 or 8 Blues, all match goers, all knowledgeable, there.

Noone was arsed.

believe me there was no bigger Hughes inner than me...........

despite his statement his goal was the best in the 5-1 thrashing
despite him not coming over for a chat at the numerous training sessions
despite not turning up for the 60 official supporters club do

however Hughesy was the City manager and i supported him, we were making ok progress..........and that was only due to the money given by the owners............

now the hand wrining for MH for the fact he and his massive entourage have gone and will get millions in compo is getting beyond a joke

what Dave has said is absolutely spot on............

our defence was shocking............

to pay over 40 million on the 2 centre backs and then concede like we do what a joke..............

MH does not how to play Lescott...............

Wenger does not sell players on the up. only on the way down..........

i'm a Hugher inner but he's gone , lets get over it

Harold said:
Tevez said last week it was Hughes' vision that brought him to the club.

I never understand this. Surely "Hughes's vision" was to spend an enormous sack of ADUG cash on decent players and make us a force to be reckoned with. Presumably any manager who comes in will have a similar vision and surely it is the financial backing that allows the club to be ambitious and attract the players. Or maybe Tevez was impressed with the whole not marking up from corners masterplan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.