Where Hughes went wrong

The point I was making was that I believe these to be more knowledgeable Blues, several of whom have played a lot of football.

I also noticed last week on here that practically all of the posters who's views I respect had turned against Hughes.

In the main, perhaps Prestwich Blue aside, the ones preaching loyalty were the ones I like to call Tubthumbers. The blind fans who bang on about loyalty, pepper their posts with "FFS", think that top 6 would be an achievement, and berate the rest of us for daring to have debate. The same ones who never appear on the tactical threads.

I know what you are saying Gstar but I couldn't really give a shit how it was done. The fact that it leaked out early is regrettable but shit happens. Hughes's multi-million pound payoff should sweeten the blow.

GStar said:
Lancet Fluke said:
FFS he was only saying all the City fans he knew were happy. Do you expect Dave to commission Mori to carry out a statistically reliable poll before posting?

Thanks for that, me and Dave has spoken tactics quite a few times and we usually tnd to agree...

I was respening to his comment that every fan he knew was wasn't arsed, which was about 7 or 8. To put mypoint across that i wasn't hapy i was saying his 7 or 8 mates don't justify the actions of the club and similarly from my poin of view,i know plenty who werent happy, and plenty more on here who aren't.

But well done on being a smart arse, there really was no need.

I wasn't just being a smart arse. I was just respending to your point about a decent demographic which I thought was a slightly bizarre respense to Dave's post.

Didsbury Dave said:
The point I was making was that I believe these to be more knowledgeable Blues, several of whom have played a lot of football.

I also noticed last week on here that practically all of the posters who's views I respect had turned against Hughes.

In the main, perhaps Prestwich Blue aside, the ones preaching loyalty were the ones I like to call Tubthumbers. The blind fans who bang on about loyalty, pepper their posts with "FFS", think that top 6 would be an achievement, and berate the rest of us for daring to have debate. The same ones who never appear on the tactical threads.

I know what you are saying Gstar but I couldn't really give a shit how it was done. The fact that it leaked out early is regrettable but shit happens. Hughes's multi-million pound payoff should sweeten the blow.

What a complete load of bollocks.

Fair enough mate, looks lik we'll agee to disagee.

I don't think the amount Hughs gets in payoff should be used against him, i'm sure, given the option he'd much rather still be here trying to deliver our first trophy in over 3 decades than sat on his arse with deep pockets this Xmas.

And its notthat Hughes as sacke hat bothered me, to the two faced, decetive, amateurish way w went about it. I thought we were a differen club with different owners now, but once again, it's "typical City".

If we'd have insisted on confidentiality agreements before we even expressed thenature of our talks with other managers/players then nothing would come out; if agents etc tried to make out we wanted thier services i'm sure we could combat that, as technically, until they agreed to our terms they've no evidence of what our contact was about.

Anyway, i can't wait for Boxing Day and our future, hopefully more atractive football with a backline of steel... And fingers crossed we stop doing our business in such a way that leaves a lot of us with a bitter taste in our mouths.

Lancet Fluke said:
GStar said:
Thanks for that, me and Dave has spoken tactics quite a few times and we usually tnd to agree...

I was respening to his comment that every fan he knew was wasn't arsed, which was about 7 or 8. To put mypoint across that i wasn't hapy i was saying his 7 or 8 mates don't justify the actions of the club and similarly from my poin of view,i know plenty who werent happy, and plenty more on here who aren't.

But well done on being a smart arse, there really was no need.

I wasn't just being a smart arse. I was just respending to your point about a decent demographic which I thought was a slightly bizarre respense to Dave's post.

Apologies... the way i read it was that ecause 7 or 8 of his mates thought it wasn't a problem, therfore no other 'worthy' fan was bothered either... i guess i read it wrong.

This board just gets better. I am still in shock at what I have just read. Bellamy wasn't suited to the system Hughes deployed. PMSL, now that is funny.

chazmcfc said:
This board just gets better. I am still in shock at what I have just read. Bellamy wasn't suited to the system Hughes deployed. PMSL, now that is funny.

Debate it then instead of being a clown about it.

Bellamy is not at his best in a 4-4-2. He can play it, on the left wing, but he's more dangerous as either a support striker or on the left of a 4-3-3.

In reply to the op post "Where Hughes Went Wrong" !!!!!! ( i do agree with your points )
League games p 49. w 20. d 10. L 19. f 79. a 64....p =70
The team now is just as inconsistent as when he kicked off.
No system of play,knocking the ball up 20 times to addybyor above his head.
Not getting the best out of excellent players (man-management skills !! )
Getting rid of dunney.
Surrounding him self with 2nd rate coaches (see what team comes in for them ? )
Too many excuses,refs fault,injuries,we play better 2nd half of the season,bad use of subs etc.
I for one am glad MH as gone,i never thought he was right for us,but i did want him to succeed !.
He bought on the whole excellent players ,but not buying a dominant center half was a big mistake.
And for the people who can't get there heads around about sacking a manager,you must never have played the game !.
Mr Mancini welcome to CITY .City 5- 0 stoke .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.