Where is the best fish and chips place in Manchester?

warpig said:
try theos, shaftersbury ave timperley. a bit of a trec from the fair garden city, but the business!!!

not always used to be great depends who s cooking these days

The Nursery Chippy, opposite the Nursey Pub (which was voted by CAMRA to be the best pub in the country about 2 years ago) in Heaton Norris.

Everything about it is just brilliant. It's down a cobbled street, very old school, chips are perfect, the fish ain't battered to much and is done to perfected, gravy perfect and the pies cooked as per the text book from Hollands Pies! Been going there all my life every week!

scall1 said:
The Nursery Chippy, opposite the Nursey Pub (which was voted by CAMRA to be the best pub in the country about 2 years ago) in Heaton Norris.

Everything about it is just brilliant. It's down a cobbled street, very old school, chips are perfect, the fish ain't battered to much and is done to perfected, gravy perfect and the pies cooked as per the text book from Hollands Pies! Been going there all my life every week!

You have standards i trust you i will one day go there my mate lives in norris i think use to stay there after going town.

bluemoon27 said:
scottyboi said:
From wythenshawe so dont want to travel to far but i want some good fish and nothing that smells like a piccadily prostitute!!

pity u cant travel to a place just outside rochdale on the way to todmorden its called grandma pollards and i guarantee you would not taste better fish & chips

Man, my parents have moved to Walsden (in Tod) and that's their local place - the rag puddings are great (that ain't a joke about our friends over the border).

I live in Northwich now and the Seafarer is quality.

There are loads of decent places in manchester like Battered Cod in Fallowfield, Dolphin in Reddish or that place in Prestwich (don't know the name). Just drive past on a Friday night and go to the plaice with the biggest queue.

toby said:
warpig said:
try theos, shaftersbury ave timperley. a bit of a trec from the fair garden city, but the business!!!

what.......that is an outrageous slur against the good name of theos chip shop! how dare you. take it back!

warpig said:
toby said:
warpig said:

what.......that is an outrageous slur against the good name of theos chip shop! how dare you. take it back!

No

if you like thick tasty gravy go to chinese on top of moss lane bridge

toby said:
warpig said:
toby said:
warpig said:

No

whats up with you Toby, did that rough woman with 'bryn' tatooed on her arm turn you down or something?

not always used to be great depends who s cooking these days[/quote]

what.......that is an outrageous slur against the good name of theos chip shop! how dare you. take it back![/quote]

No[/quote]

whats up with you Toby, did that rough woman with 'bryn' tatooed on her arm turn you down or something?[/quote]

PMSL I know who you mean she used to work at the Don years ago

The Dolphin on Reddish Lane, just off Hyde Road.

But it's a bit of a way from Wythenshaw...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.