Where to see the cups

Cheers we have family over from oz and want to take them on tour hope it's worth it.
When we went on tour in August as had some family up for the Newcastle game, it was only the Prem and FA Cup, no champions league, it was first weekend of season so before Super Cup win. We were told no CL was something to do with UEFA rules and not being able to show it in one place for more than 48 hours.
The trophies were in the shop so you dont need to do tour to see them and have photo with them.

Did it about three weeks ago and they were there. Just inside the tour entrance in the south stand.
just to add the actual champions league trophy never goes anywhere - its with uefa. what we have is a replica.

there are two premier league trophies

the fa cup is the proper one i think, its the 3rd or 4th version

just to add the actual champions league trophy never goes anywhere - its with uefa. what we have is a replica.

there are two premier league trophies

the fa cup is the proper one i think, its the 3rd or 4th version
Indeed, they changed the rules in about 2007 in which the original remains with UEFA at all times and is only used for the trophy lift and is returned as soon as the ceremony is done.

It's always an official replica after that, but did read somewhere that the original stays with the club for like 2 days and is returned for the replica?.

The rules changed a few years after the dippers won their 5th and got to keep the real one permanently.

If we win a third in a row or a 5th, we won't get any original trophies to keep from UEFA for good, but still get the multiple winners badge on the shirt sleeve for CL matches.

Was in a pub I go to, The Hunters in Stalybridge before the Chav’s game last Sunday.

Attachments

• 6146e237-82f9-4ccf-860b-dbacdec376b3.jpeg
    6146e237-82f9-4ccf-860b-dbacdec376b3.jpeg
    411.1 KB · Views: 27

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.