Where to watch the final in manchester?

Blue1991 said:
The Waldorf Pub, opposite Piccadilly Station.

Big City Pub.

I went in the Waldorf for the cup final last may and was fairly busy. Wasnt much atmosphere though so might try Mary D's and just offset the grim beer for a great atmosphere hopefully.

Haha still can't decide, leaning towards Mary D's now though... Can't believe there's nothing on in city square tbh

Whenever we were visiting Maine Road, our supporters' club used always go to a pub called The Old Abbey, I think. It was in the Manchester Science Park. Anyone know it? is it still there? Landlord was a United fan called Dave, if I remember correctly. Long time ago now. So many memories.

Blue1991 said:

Big City Pub.

Aint quite so big a City pub that the Barnsley fucker will show City, away, incase they hang about long enough to bump into united fans coming back from Old Trafford.

Blue1991 said:

Big City Pub.
Opposite Piccadilly Station? Fucking hell, it's moved since I was last over in that case. Back in August, it was a good 3 or 4 minute walk up to the station.

I watched the Wigan final in walkabout and there were loads of Irish rags in their united shirts who went crazy when Wigan scored. City centre the Waldorf is the best bet. Just look at the YouTube video of the QPR game in the Waldorf. It looked absolutely mental.

We watched the cup final downstairs in Tib St Tavern. Got in early, perched on the end of one of three 'reserved' empty tables with great view of the screen. 5 mins before kick off, pile of rags arrived to sit at their specially reserved tables. By which time it was impossible to move. Not a pleasant experience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.