Where to watch the final in manchester?

People have mentioned Waldorf /Tib St Tavern / Shakespear / Shambles.
If you don't want to be with Rags why not decide on one Pub and pack it out.

Sounds like Walkabout wasn't good for last year's FA Cup final, according to someone above, but I've always found it great for atmosphere, and usually populated by a good number of fellow Blues.

First time I went here was for the 2011 FA Cup Final. Me and a mate arrived far too early, found great seats right in front of the giant screen, but initially ignored the screen, as it was showing a rag gloat-fest, as they'd just won the league. The place filled up steadily until kick-off, but we were amazed by the lack of City fans, apart from the two of us, the room was a sea of Stoke and rag red.

Had a brilliant time anyway, celebrating our cup victory wildly in front of the glum faces around us. It was only after the match had finished, when a couple of blues appeared, and joined us to watch the cup being lifted on the giant screen, that we discovered that not long after we had arrived, the Walkabout bouncers had started sending City supporters upstairs, and Stoke/rags downstairs, while we had been missed/not informed of this.

It explains why we were getting looks of begrudging admiration from the Stoke/rag crowd, they must have thought we were incredibly brave, or lunatics.

We then decided to go upstairs, where we found hundreds of pleasantly hammered celebrating Blues.

Every time I've visited since, they've always continued to separate fans of of opposing teams onto the two floors, i.e. City upstairs, and whoever we're playing + random rags downstairs.

I'll be going there again on Sunday, so may see some of you down there.

Had a great time in Norwigian BLUE in the Printworks when we played Stoke, singing and dancing on the tables, fab atmosphere, thats where i`ll be going with my girls. Surprised its not been mentioned TBH.

Whitworth Park said:
People have mentioned Waldorf /Tib St Tavern / Shakespear / Shambles.
If you don't want to be with Rags why not decide on one Pub and pack it out.

Great idea but im a picky bastard and I know it would end up a pub that doesn't sell Strongbow so I'm sticking to the Shakey, if your in there ill see you there, chubby 6ft bloke holding a pint of the finest Apples.C'mon City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.