where was you 10 years ago this sunday?

There with my two kids , thought they would never get to Wembley. So chuffed had tears in my eyes. Stayed all the match remember my son crying when when we were losing but then the sheer joy. Can anyone remember our car, we had a flouresant sign in the back window saying "If you hate Man U*t honk your horn"

Battling with Rags in my local in Swinton before Horlock's goal, then just got back home in time for Dickov's goal, the rest is history!!

Good memories!!

Drivin down with my Dad to Wembly..I was only 10 and ended up having a headache after the game but was worth it. Remember this one guy sat a few rows behind us who would say 'I HATE YOU CITY YOU RUIN MY LIFE' one minute, n then 10 mins later would be leading the singing. He did this all game. Remember stopping at a service station on the way home and blues just hugging each other....passing coaches on the moterway with 'JOE ROYLES BLUE ARMY' and going under the tunnels on the way there hearing people singing 'WE ARE THE FAMOUS MAN CITY AND WE'RE GOING TO WEMBELY!' What a day. It had everything..even grown men kissing each other all round the ground!

At wembley. i couldn't have left because i was motionless with anger & grief & worry of how i would be able to face the treble winning rags at work and then minutes later i was in a sea of delerium, hugging total strangers and phoning my dad before the shoot out and saying 'pray for us'!! how bloody dramatic, but that's how it was. on the way to the train stopped at some pub near the stadium and had a few drinks and a good old fashioned sing song, then made my way to meet my mum back at the hotel she was at, and walked down St John's Wood Road, scarf aloft singing 'you can stick yer fuckin treble up yer arse!'.

a day never to forget.

How many at Wembley were too pissed to remember anything of the game (with hindsight I wish I'd taken it easier pre-match)?
I'll start.... 8 of us that day.

14 years old walking round Wembley car park with my old man (one ticket between us). Was there from 9am in morning, walking round for 3 hours. Got desperate, split up to ask more people for a spare, I walked upto a people carrier and asked with the puppy dog eyes, some old guy took pity on me, asked me to bring me old man over to make sure we were genuine and gave me his spare ticket for face value!!! 20 mins before me dad were going to pay 120 for one off a Gills fan! THANK YOU who ever you were, you helped me out on the greatest day ever!!!

Still, left at 2-0, but the memory of sprinting back down wembley way with another 10,000 blues to get back in will never be forgot!!

CTID

My day started off by opening my curtains and staring out and seeing a Goat. Not "the Goat" but a real Goat. I was in a country Hotel in County Down for a Family Wedding and I took seeing this to be a good sign. My abiding memory of the day is locking myself into a toilet cubicle in a Pub with seconds to go and being so angry at what my team had done to me and the abuse I would have to face the following week at work off the Rags. When my Brother came in and said Horlock had scored it didn't really mean anything, but I went back to the Bar. Then everything changed when the amount of injury time was announced and we were still in with a chance. You all know the next chapter.

A couple of years ago Paul Dickov bought a Car for his Mrs from my Brother at the Volkswagon Dealership in Altrincham. He told him that every week even now a City fan will tell him where he was and how he felt and what we all went through on that day and he told my Brother that he will never get tired of hearing the stories.

So, from Florida to the Falklands, from Swinton to Spain and to the Fans in the Stadium and to the Fans who were leaving Wembley, From 7 year old fans to Seventy year old fans thanks for sharing the memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.