where was you 10 years ago this sunday?

The Fat el Hombre said:
I had a dodgy coat, and even dodogier fucking hair, but I was there

What a day. I remember Billy Duffy was sat round about our area and I think squeaky maclean was a few rows in front of us as well. I was sat with my mum and a few lads behind us fucked off at the end, smashing up their seats in anger before they left. Was looking like another very depressing day of supporting city at that point. The rest is history. At the end I wanted to take one of the broken seats as a souvenir but was worried that the police might think I was gonna throw it at someone

I remember evryone dancing to all the tunes at the end of the game and in particular 'rockin all over the world' by status quo haha. There were loads of guys dancing topless to that and I'm not ashamed to say that I like that song simply because it reminds me of that day at Wembley in 99

proud blue fan...well done

I drove. set off at 4am. Picked my mate up in Oldham.....Got as far as Knutsford before he realised he'd left his ticket at home.....

Got stuck on wembly way for two hours after the game, got pissed wet through.

Wanted to go on the pop, but I was just too drained. Think i was tucked up in bed at the place we were staying by 10! I was knackered!!!!!!

Brilliant drive home the day after though!!!!!!!

hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I think of it.......

Anyone got a dvd copy of the whole game they'd copy for me? I'd pay for it, i lost mine....

Start of a thread....

I was 12, at home (in Sweden) and probably more excited about Star Wars Episode 1 than any kind of footie. Luckily I don't remember the rags winning at Camp Nou either. I do remember the 98 world cup...diffuse memories of the 94 world cup as well but that's another story.

Anyway, plastic glory hunting foreigner that I am, I only became a city fan a few years ago.

img007-1.jpg

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

img010.jpg

img013.jpg

img011.jpg

img014.jpg

img012.jpg

8000 miles away in the bloody Falkland Islands :-( Had to listen to the game on the radio as back then they didn't show anything live on TV.

i was 11. on my way to wembley with my dad on the coach from stockport!! :D

one of the best days of my life... got some pictures somewhere hmm

I was in Tunisia on holiday with my wife and son.

I'd booked the trip after returning from York and had given up on automatic promotion and never gave the play-offs a thought as we were nearer the bottom than the top.

On the actual day I got chatting to a couple of fit Gills girls round the pool and they decided to watch the game with me & my lad. The only problem was that Tunisia (at least the part we were in) didn't have Sky2 or whatever side the game was on.

So during the game I steadily got pissed (All Inclusive hotel) with these girls who had a phone link to the UK much to my wife's dismay.

By half-time the battery on their phone was almost dead so any further updates came via texts to it from Gillingham. I thought it was all over at 2-0 down as by my watch the game would have been over even before the Horlock goal.

As ET started they cleared off for a shower and said 'whoever wins can go on top' whilst my wife was away. They were very tasty but I was good/chicken*

* delete as appropriate

3 full hours later I finally got someone in England who wasn't at the game but knew what the score was.

ps I was offered a jump again the following day by them but again was a chicken.

I was watching a footy match at wembley.

I was amazed we didn't win the game in extra time after gill's disappointment but strangely was convinced we'd win on penalties. I remember feeling sorry for the gills fans on Wembley Way afterwards.

ps well done Gillngham today. How times have changed for the 2 clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.