Where was you on the day of the takeover?

still remember like it was yesterday!

me and my uncle who is all so my boss were driving home from Blackpool after working there for the day,we just put the radio on for the news and they were going on about it around 3pm it was the first time we heard about at as we heard it we both just looked at each and went fuckin ell and the smile on our faces when we got back to the works when rubbing it in to the rag business partner of my uncle was brilliant :)

I can't remember it properly!

All I can remember is being out and about, getting back and putting the TV on and it's all over the TV. More than likely Sky News or something.

It didn't sink in at first.

MJV2419 said:
The day of the takeover I was at the hospital as my dad had suffered a stroke, I got a phone call from one of the lads at work telling me what was happening. As soon as my dad came to I went in to his room interrupted the consultant to tell him our great news, the look on the consultants face was a picture, he obviously wasn't a City fan. We spent the rest of the day talking about the highs and many lows of City over the years. He couldn't believe it the following day when I went back to hospital and told him we'd signed Robinho, he made me go and buy every paper in the newspaper shop for him.

Sadly he passed away in hospital four days before Robinho's debut in the Chelsea game. I still went to the game as he would have wanted me to, I even shed a tear for him when Robinho scored that free kick, felt like my dad was smiling down on us at that moment.

Anyway I know thats a little morose when all this excitement is on this post, but just seeing the title made me spare a thought for my old man god rest his soul.

Beautiful, i love being a city fan.

I was cutting grass at a school, Lee Dixons old school actually. My mate rang me to tell me, and kept getting updates every few minutes. After a while I just packed up and went home (it was the school summer holidays, so it didn't matter) to watch the telly.

An amazing day.

I was in my living room waiting to see where berba was heading from the plane (nobody quiet knew which club he was going to from M56) then news broke that we had signed the thumbsucker and been taken over by somebody, wasn't sure who they were, was it another episode of Shinwata !

And the rest of it is only part of our HISTORY

oh how i loved that day

i was at work early and had heard that charlie had gone to spurs. My boss comes in and says city's been taken over so i went with him to the office and spent the rest of my shift watching SSN. So not only was it an great day for the blues but it also got me a free easy day at work. Happy days!!

On way back from a birthday drink (or 2) in manchester, in the bar at piccadilly station waiting for last train home, sat with my partner, her daughter (both blues) & her daughters boyfriend at the time (a rag ). When the news came through i let out the biggest cheer i've ever done then went to the bar & got every1 ( even the rag) a celebratory drink, went in work day after with the biggest hangover ever......but it was fu$&!ng worth it.......

...................................THERE IS A BLUE MOON RISING.......................

In Bulgaria with the wife and daughter. Also there was all her plastic rag family who just kept saying "It doesn't matter cos City will always be shit".

Funny, when we see them now they only want to talk about Rugby!

......and NO none of the fuckers have still never been to the swamp!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.