where were u when we were 2-0 down to gillingham

stood with my arms folded, face like thunder, kicking the back of the seat in front. Dad asks if i wanted to leave early, I angrily reply no, since we spent a whole day queueing to be here, and probably wont ever be back again.

i dont think i celebrated horlocks goal, i thought it was too little too late, and would rather lose 2-0 than having my hopes raised and still end up losing 2-1.

needless to say i celebrated dickovs goal like never before or since.

i remember getting back on our coach after the game, and you'd have thought that everyone would be singing and dancing, but it was really subdued. Everyone must have been in shock and physically and emotionally exhausted, tying to comprehend what they'd just seen. I literally couldnt speak for about an hour after the game because my throat was so dry and sore. My shins were bleeding and covered in bruises from celebrating.

whatever the future holds for City, i will never forget that day.

In Slovenia at a friends wedding, but more specifically sitting in a hotel room glued to the game via the most expensive phone call ever ....

In the Angel Public House, Dukinfield.

Had my young nephew sat on my knee as place was packed. When Dickov scored threw him up in the air. Only afterwards did I look up and see one of those whirling ceilings fans directly above us. God knows how close he came to it.

wembley!! never have i gone through so many emotions at a football match unbelievable day the noise we made when they took there penaltys was incredible!

In The Peel pub in Bury (Rochdale Road) with husband to be, son and a group of friends of assorted allegiances (mainly Liverpool).

I just remember putting my head down, looking at my feet and thinking someone is going to suffer for this.

However, when we pulled back to 2/2 one of our friends said he could hear my screams from where he was (the blokes toilets.) ;-)

The Peel used to be run by Bobby Owen who once played for us, but went in a couple of years ago and it's a rag pub now. :-(

wembley--at a hot dog stand havin comfort food outside--nearly choked on the f@@@er when 2nd went in thought noise from first was final wistle and other city fans were joking when they said we;ve pulled one back.serves me right..police were great letting us all back in.they told us final wistle HAS gone ,walk and your in.Final wistle went as I got in[good move on there part as 1000;s rushed back...

still stood outside webley with no ticket, but when the gates opened and folk were leaving we snook in so saw extra time .. bargin

I was on holiday. In a pub in Malaga, my dad suggested leaving after Gillingham's second and I said, no let's stay to the end. The rest is history

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.