Where were you when we were s**t

Philadelphia Blue said:
Just found this place while looking for leaks of the new kit!

I just started following City the year before last, after the 2010 World Cup (I had told myself in 2006 that I wanted to follow the EPL, but waking up at 8 AM on weekends didn't work out...). So I decided to watch some games and figure out which team appealed to me and settled on City. Watched some games, yada yada, really got into it starting last fall. Then this past spring I studied abroad in Ireland and fell in love even more, although this time is was a bit awkward, since two of my roommates were big United fans. Made it over to the Blackburn game at the end of February (definitely my favorite memory of the term), and I'd say now that City's probably my second favorite sports team, just behind my local ice hockey team.

Over in Limerick--I'm back in the States now--I'd always hear things about how all the new fans were just glory hunters, but I feel like even if the team did turn to shit, I'd still love them. My local teams aren't exactly bastions of success, with the four of them combining for a grand total of one championship in the past 29 years and my NHL team going Cup-less since 1975. Hopefully I won't have to worry about that though!

Glory hunter :)

MCFCinUSA said:
cyberblue said:
So many on here slag of new fans .we were all new once ,in the 80s sometimes we didnt even get 20.000,Mansfield not even double figures most leauge cup & fa cup games attences were poor .European games were poor .we should be aplauding new fans especialy if they go while "regulars" cant be arsed ,atendences only started rising at the new stadium then we didnt always fill it & usualy a third empty at full time .So the ones pointing the finger ought to revisit there credentials & get of there high horse

I take issue with this terminology as I just mentioned in another thread:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=248584&start=260#p5623716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=248584&start=260#p5623716</a>
"results challenged",you must be on the wind up,that SHIT ain't gonna work on this side of the pond

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.