Where were you when we were s**t

Yea I don't like the whole "when we were shit" thing as to be honest although most games I went to as a kid we rarely won, I enjoyed going and didn't see it as being "shit"

I found many games more entertaining in the lower leagues moreso than games in the Prem under Pearce.

I was taken to games as a baby (I obviously don't remember) at Maine Road and When my Father moved to Bolton he started to go and watch them at Burnden Park, so he took me along... Watched City play a few times at Burnden, also sat in the away end at Maine Road.

When I moved back to my Mums in my early teens, I started to go and watch City by myself, first game I went to was against Bury, losing 1-0... going home on the Bus then on the Tram full of Bury fans all cheering lol, wasn't a fun experience...

What attracted me to City?

Mansour :D

joking Aside... My Dad supported City and went to most games in the 60's/70's/80's but stopped going and supported Bolton... Now he supports Malaga.
as my Dad disowned me as a kid I felt a connection to the club more as it was something he had also disowned.
My Grandfather used to go and watch City also, his first match was in 1946 at Maine Road.
My Aunt Sue she still follows City, being there for games such as Newcastle in '68 and the final in '76, but rarely goes to games these days....

My partner Megan is a Blue and a seasoncard holder

I remember sitting in the Platt Lane for a midweek match in the 90's with Port Vale that we lost 3-2 and I remember Tony Naylor from Newton Heath scoring their winner from 30 yards and I and others just had to hold our hands up and clap the goal. We were fucking dire that night and had players playing for us who I didn't have a clue who they were or how they got there, but I was there along with 30 odd thousand City fans hoping against hope that we could stem the tide and get winning again (we never did) So when nob heads spout the usual bile about us jumping on the band wagon they can go suck a biggun' they really haven't got a clue.

All through the 90's my best mates would be off somewhere nice on a wednesday night or tuesday.

I would be left at home bored shitless.

I used to jump like a nutter when city got more than a tiny column in the pink on a saturday evening (i am that sad yes)

mancitygaz said:
mcfcnorthstand said:
City have never been shit , we have only been able too play the type of football at the time, due too the players/managers we had at that time that dictated us to play that way at that time.
Sorry mate but you're wrong. I get your point but we have been really shit.

There is nothing more I like more than a man who has the courage to stick to his convictions and clutch hard at straws, but to say we have never been shit is just mental.

cyberblue said:
So many on here slag of new fans .we were all new once ,in the 80s sometimes we didnt even get 20.000,Mansfield not even double figures most leauge cup & fa cup games attences were poor .European games were poor .we should be aplauding new fans especialy if they go while "regulars" cant be arsed ,atendences only started rising at the new stadium then we didnt always fill it & usualy a third empty at full time .So the ones pointing the finger ought to revisit there credentials & get of there high horse

I take issue with this terminology as I just mentioned in another thread:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=248584&start=260#p5623716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=248584&start=260#p5623716</a>

This thread begs the question, what is the cut-off age for choosing your team?

I'd say anyone over 15 who 'decides' to be a Blue after this seasons success is a glory hunter wherever they come from.

Just found this place while looking for leaks of the new kit!

I just started following City the year before last, after the 2010 World Cup (I had told myself in 2006 that I wanted to follow the EPL, but waking up at 8 AM on weekends didn't work out...). So I decided to watch some games and figure out which team appealed to me and settled on City. Watched some games, yada yada, really got into it starting last fall. Then this past spring I studied abroad in Ireland and fell in love even more, although this time is was a bit awkward, since two of my roommates were big United fans. Made it over to the Blackburn game at the end of February (definitely my favorite memory of the term), and I'd say now that City's probably my second favorite sports team, just behind my local ice hockey team.

Over in Limerick--I'm back in the States now--I'd always hear things about how all the new fans were just glory hunters, but I feel like even if the team did turn to shit, I'd still love them. My local teams aren't exactly bastions of success, with the four of them combining for a grand total of one championship in the past 29 years and my NHL team going Cup-less since 1975. Hopefully I won't have to worry about that though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.