Where were you when we were s**t

mancitygaz said:
The Future's Blue said:
I couldn't be arsed.
Nor me, I was there and that's all that matters to me.

These rags are pissing me off a bit though, they are bitter as fuck but are calling it banter.

Banter = The new bitter
Yep, you've got to love that 'bitter', ain't ya.

Meeting fellow blues in The Star before an away Derby game.

Or getting on a coach under Picc Stn, Store St (bring your own bin liner)

Doncaster Blues said:
Here's my connection to manchester.... none!

My dad named me after Colin Bell, even though he was a leeds fan, he always told me Bell scored the weekend I was born, turned out for whatever reason that was a rather bizzare lie. He took me to two games as a kid, Sheffield United and Leeds (circa 1982), never bothered to take me to Maine Road. He bought me the kits thought, my mum bought me the 1981 cup final programme so I could have it when I watched the game on the telly.

I endured years of watching lower league rubbish at Doncaster instead.

My first trip to Maine Road was on my own in 1987, aged 15. By chance it was the 10-1 Huddersfield game! Still remember the first view of Maine Road off the bus to this day.

That said after 40 years I'm still a blue and always will be.

I'm currently loving the fact my six year old is loving being a city fan, the moment we shared against QPR will live with me forever (and him too I hope!).

By the way he's never lived in Manchester either....

Welcome newcomers, ask them again in 25 years time why the love city and no doubt they'll talk about the same nonsense we do now!

Sure we'll get some hangers on for a while, some will fall by the wayside but some will be hooked forever, gotta give them the chance
excellent post<br /><br />-- Sat May 26, 2012 9:39 pm --<br /><br />
Hez said:
Always supported and followed City as a nipper, lost it a bit in the 80's and 90's due to ex husband etc not being into football at all. Got back into it when my Son said he thought he might start supporting Man U. Well I wouldn't allow that to happen so we both started back into it under Keegan when we went up. So I have been there through some of the shit, just not all of it though we were at Chesterfield at that cup match which was pretty grim. Son is a blue now who cried when Aguero scored the winner and he supported them as the only blue in his school through some pretty dismal times when some of his mates were Rags. In the worst times I'd tell him it was character building and I think it is x
Love the bit where you got back into it cos you thought your son might follow the scum brilliant

Re: Where were you when we were shit

Tbilisi said:
No clubs sold out then,football was not fashionable in any way and was dead on its feet.Scum got 21k for a Euro final on their own ground.

is that right 21k for a final or was it an earlier round ?

Well my Dad and Mum are mancs as were their parents. We moved to Derbyshire in the 70s but were back in Swinton every school holiday with my Rag cousins. That made me loathe the Scum more than anything else so when he came out with that it just wasn't ever going to happen. However shit we have been I would always support City rather than those scummy gets. Never thought we'd win the Premier League though, I mean most of the time we were happy just to stay in it.

In many ways this chant should be seen as a compliment because it means we have just outplayed the opposition.

I have seen us play well, play badly, play shit, play not so good, play brilliantly play inconsistently and finally play outstandingly well to win prem league since 1977/1978 season.

mcfcnorthstand said:
City have never been shit , we have only been able too play the type of football at the time, due too the players/managers we had at that time that dictated us to play that way at that time.
Sorry mate but you're wrong. I get your point but we have been really shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.