Where were you when...

I went on holiday on 1st September 2008, our flight wasn't until the evening so I knew all about the takeover(didn't want to go, just wanted to stay in watching SSN all day!) we landed there after midnight but was knackered and couldn't get a signal on my phone so just assumed we hadn't signed anybody. The following day, around lunchtime I was sat in a cafe on the beach having some lunch, they had a tv in the corner that just happened to have SSN on, and out of the corner of my eye I just happened to catch a glimpse of Robinho with Hughes holding up a City shirt! Remember being gutted that I was gonna be away for the Chelsea game.

On Saturday 14 July 2007 I was driving my Vauxhall Vectra (later to be stolen off my path and never recovered) in a southerly direction down Kingsway. As I was passing the allotments (later to become a tram station) just before Parrs Wood, it was announced on GMR (later to become BBC Radio Manchester) that City had signed none other than Gelson Fernandes.

Where were you at other equally critical moments in the history of our illustrious boys in blue?

I was at Doncaster away when I heard we signed the Swiss U21 captain.

Where were you when......

Dennis Law back heeled in 1974?

I was very fortunate to be there and witness the pitch invasion and the greatest relegation ever. I dream of a repeat in my lifetime.
I was in the Warwick Road near the halfway line.

Day of takeover I woke up hung over and logged on here, then went back to bed as i felt so bad.... woke up couple of hours later thinking I had a dream about Marco posting some bollocks about seeing camels and something big happening..... hangover seemed to disappear instantly when I looked again.

Worst day of my life.

Up at 6:00am, showered, dressed, lugged all the stuff into my car to work a dance competition at Wythenshawe Forum. It was either freezing cold or boiling hot in there all day. Checking my phone for news when I could as the free wi fi was freaking awfull.

Between the shit wi fi and being busy working during the event, didn't get time to check the phone for the scores during the match. Heard mad people running around screaming that the rags had scored.

Finally got home at about 21:00

Then saw the Agurooooooo moment and made sense why the cocky nuggets had gone quite.

Did I say worst day.....meant BEST day....

The 1-6 Happened?

Driving down the A1. Mrs Mav was getting, shall we say slightly annoyed with me. Had the radio on and it was a case of I can't listen to this, but 5 mins later, I can't not listen. Stopped at Wetherby Services as I was winding her up that much.

Got out of the car and IIRC it was 0-3. After The Lady Mav had a mooch round we got back in the car and it was then 1-5

We both looked at each other to check what we'd just head. Pulling out of the car park the 6th went in.

Needless to say it was a good hight in THe_Maverick household that night

19th December 1998, York Away. I was at Bootham Crescent, the ground was bouncing, there must have been 150,000 City fans there that day. Unfortunately the result went against us. Only when we got back did my mate tell me that we were in a stolen Vectra.

Micah Richards was 18 years old and on 40k a week, and in contract talks to double it. Thought fuck this, I've got a family to support too. That summer the sheikh took over and we signed Robinho ffs . I got an early morning call on deadline day"guess who we've got "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.