Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

Even though we beat Stoke on the day, that final day relegation to the 3rd Division was horrific. I was absolutely convinced that we’d stay up. It just didn’t seem plausible that we could go down again. I was genuinely worried for the future of the club and couldn’t see any real hope.
Losing to Madrid was awful and I woke up gutted on Thursday morning, but in the grand scheme of things, we just played in the semi final of the European Cup. So how bad can things be?

for some reason pretty high. I thought we were there. I was sitting at 89 minutes in a warm glow of contentment thinking wonderful thoughts of beating the dippers and lifting it for the first time. I don’t know if it was the manner of the loss, we fight to the end and all that. I still feel sick to my stomach and the five minutes it took them to win the game is replaying like a particularly nasty car smash in my head on loop.
We really seem to be very imaginative in finding different ways to lose these big European ties So I should be used to it. Smash Newcastle on Sunday and I will feel a little better.

That was by far the worst Champions League defeat of the lot, the worst defeat of the new-era City since the takeover.

Relegations are worse though. As bad as I feel today (and I’m devastated!), it’s not on the same level as 3rd May 1998.
Watching the Rangers game last night and seeing advertisements for Real Liverpool final made me feel ill. We should have been there, easily the worst defeat since the takeover.

The thought of the scousers lifting that big pot makes me sick to the core and IF they were to take the Title off us at the same time.......

A reminder that there is still something to be achieved before Pep returns to sunnier shores, could take another 2 years.

Confused how many european cups there are now, 2 more last night , might as well bring back the anglo italian so Rotherham can play in europe too !

It hurts, but frankly a much better kind of hurt than some we've experienced: it's not having your face rubbed into decades of not winning anything, or being relegated twice.

It's a hurt at the happy end of the scale - just missing out on something amazing that you were really hoping might happen. It's gutting, of course, but it's not worth overreacting to.

The fact of the matter is that we are now among football's elite: routinely in the Final/SF/QF of the Champions League. Its not meant to be easy. People look at the bookies' odds and think that guarantees us success. That's not how it works. I can think of half a dozen clubs in Europe where I would be totally unsurprised if they won the CL in any given season. We're just one of them (and one of the best of the best). But only one team will win and it can't always be us.

I would feel much less gutted if the quadruple wasn't still on for Liverpool. The thought of that makes me cringe.

Watching the Rangers game last night and seeing advertisements for Real Liverpool final made me feel ill. We should have been there, easily the worst defeat since the takeover.
How is it worse than losing the final last year FFS?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.