Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

The way it unfolded on the night was pretty sickening, but not in the top ten of shiteness i'd say. When Madrid scored their first, you just knew they'd get in again and so it was. I thought we'd settle down and show a bit more brains but the home crowd was mental and it gave Madrid the edge. The reffing was questionable to say the least but we should have sealed it while we were on top.

The bigger picture is that we're one of the best teams around and while we should all be gutted about the result the other night, we will win the CL soon, irrespective of how we feel about it. There have been times in my 30 odd years as a blue where you think we've hit rock bottom, either with terrible results and performances, or the general running of the club. And having the rags winning nearly everything at the time didn't help. Weds night definitely wasn't rock bottom. We should have done better and questions must be asked, but we're still ace.

Because of the way it happened it’s the worst I’ve felt since we were bought I think.

The players wanted it so much and some won’t get another chance.

If you think it was bad loosing a chumps league semi then just imagine loosing the league in the next 2 weeks for me 10 times worse, the pain of loosing any of the next 4 will be tough to handle

This. What the aftermath of Wednesday has made me realise is that for whatever reason I just don't care about the CL in the way I do about the league. I was over the semi-final before i went to bed, that won't be the case if the worse happens in the league.

The CL is a bit like caviar in that it's all very fancy and aspirational but if i was given the choice of a world without caviar or one without bacon butties it's not even a consideration. The league will always be my bacon butty (or if i'm feeling fancy, bacon barm :-) ).

Because of the way it happened it’s the worst I’ve felt since we were bought I think.

The players wanted it so much and some won’t get another chance.

I feel sorry for Bernardo and maybe Gundogan but the rest of them, nah, fuck off.

If they want it that much they shouldn’t act like complete brain dead half arsed amateur fuckwits every single year in this competition.

Including the bloke in the dugout.

disappointed but not the end of the world. Far more things in the world that are causing more challenging. I've learnt to live with the highs and lows and try to keep a balanced mind. Whereas my 13 year old son .......

It was the shock which hit hardest, but nowhere near Spurs QF.
The football loss which hurt me most was actually Sunderland 73 - but I was only 8.

However, the biggest disappointment, and one which made me actually question my loyalty, was the initial decision to join the Super League. Nothing on a football pitch came even close.
But as we know, there’s always hope!

Think the biggest difference for me was whilst almost all the other games mentioned thus far in the thread left me feeling angry, the overwhelming emotion this time was shock

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.