Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

How would you feel about losing a cl semi final against real?

If you asked me that back in the 90s or 80s even, I would have said bloody ecstatic.

Of course, time moves on, and things change, and with it comes expectation and hope.

In earlier times we had not much of either, but last night we had plenty of both, and its those feelings that cause the pain, but the ride is thrilling.........so drink it in and fck anyone else.

Throwing away a decent lead to lose a big game always hurts. As does losing a game in stoppage time.

I was pissed off last night like I was against Spurs in the quarter final or United in the PL a few seasons ago.

What cheers me up is knowing that whatever United felt after the Aguerooooo moment will be one million times worse. They had to mull over that all summer, we can put this defeat behind us in the next four games.

It was the manner of last night’s defeat that made it so painful. Late goals against are such a sickener, we were so close. The fact we should have killed the tie in the first half of the first leg makes it even harder to take.

For me it’s probably the third most disappointing:
1. Last year‘s CL final - we‘re better than Chelsea but Pep fucked up.
2. CL v Spurs - away goals, var, missed pen. What a clusterfuck.
3. CL semi v RM - we’d had it won about four times and still bottled it.
4. FA cup final v Wigan - still pisses me off, such a shit team, the cup was there for us.

Last edited:
Not very high on the list. It was a shock to the system, sure, but at the end of the day it was a Champions League semi-final against a world class team full of players who won the competition three times running not long ago. It was disheartening but it didn't hurt.

Halifax away in the FA cup was much worse. That cup meant so much more back then.

Not interested in ranking disappointments. Next season will be my 50th consecutive season as a season ticket holder and I've had plenty of them.

I will say that not winning the league this season would be a bigger one than last night and many other low points but challenging for the major honours beats fighting relegation.

Only considering the CL games, it's 3rd for me.

1. Chelsea - CL final
2. Spurs - CL QF
3. Real - CL semis
I think the Spuds QF was terrible .. thinking we’d done it at the death to have it snatched away.. on par with last night when I’d started to think “we’ve got this”

To be knocked out in the semi final of the champions league
To be knocked out of the semi final of the FA cup.
To be top of the league with a few games to go albeit not over yet
Some have very short memories.
I remember when ............................................................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.