Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

Just remembered CSKA in 2014. Losing at home, getting 2 players sent off and being stitched up by the ref. That was pretty grim. Not at the level of last night or Spurs but memorable for all the wrong reasons nonetheless.

Reactions: Adu
There have definitely been many worse days as a City fan:

- worse humiliations (eg: going out of FA Cup 0-1 to Halifax Town in 1980)

- worse shoot-ourselves-in-foot disasters (eg: wasting time at 2-2 in 1996 because Ball didn't realise we needed to win to avoid relegation)

- worse "how the hell did we lose that !?" moments in vital cup games (eg: losing 0-1 to an 89th minute Notts Co goal in FA Cup in 1991 after missing an absolute hatful of easy chances)

- worse "I don't believe what's just happened to us" disasters (eg: Jamie Pollock's ridiculous solo own goal on our way to relegation in 1996)

Etc, etc ... no need to go on, as depressing myself.

Just saying that last night probably gets into my Top-Ten disasters, but there are loads of other contenders.

Spurs 81
Luton
Halifax
Shrewsbury
Brentford
Chelsea & Palace Div 2
Bournemouth 3-3
United 3-3
Spurs FA Cup QF
Liverpool 2-2 relegation
Bury
County x2
Macc Town
Etc etc

Not sure last night gets anywhere near the top 20 of my list of disappointments, but along with the Bournemouth & United games, right up there with how the fuck did we throw that away?

The fa cups always hurt cos that was the dream, despite being shit you could put together a lucky cup run.

So adding losing to West Ham 2006 to a few of those that was the point where I thought we’ll never win another trophy again.

No where even close to some of the days in the past getting relegated... It was a sickener to lose the way we did but didn't bring me to tears like the relegations in the 90's did. It was like my world caved in going into the 3rd tier of English football so getting over losing a champions league semi final is an absolute piece of piss especially when we're top of the premier league and 4 games away from being champions of England again! Don't really care to much for the champions league really, the standards of officials is diabolical and the shithousery of foreign teams is beyond the fuckin pale. Apparently there was 5mins 32 secs of actual football played in that 2nd half of extra time and only 'a minimum of 3mins' added on and 2mins 50secs was played....utter bollocks.

Spurs 81.

4-3 against United.

3-2 against United.

Spurs Sterling goal disallowed.

United League Cup semi-final under Mancini.

Arsenal 1-0.

Losing at home to Bolton to last min pen after hitting post five times.

Middlesbrough final day Fowler penalty miss.

Liverpool 2-2 relegation.

Spurs FA Cup QF home defeat pitch invasion.

Wigan in two FA Cup games.

In the modern day era ,since sheik take over ect,idd say thats worst,yess the majority of us have seen worse,flip side of it,at least were arrivin at late stages and enjoyin the bloody ride,its goin to be an intrestin summer for city ,we will be back

It doesn't rank close. If someone had told me at the start of the season that a team would get to the CL final, be playing Real Madrid, score 5 goals over 2 legs, be 2 goals ahead in the 89th minute and still lose, I'd have been able to tell you exactly who it would be.

Exactly. I think quite a few Blues have forgotten or never experienced true footballing pain.

The type of pain that doesn't punctuate a goal from Dickov or Sergio.

The type of pain where you question why the fuck you continue, the pain where you selfishly question why always to us?

Well, why the fuck not? We have no divine right to anything.

You can look the best boxer in the world but until you get punched on the nose a few times, you don't learn if you have what it takes.

My 14-year-old lad sat watching it on the TV with me and he was crestfallen, I could see he was visibly shaken.

I also remember him crying when Wigan beat us and he six at the time.

He's never known anything but bus parades.

Told him to forget about it and go to bed, tomorrow is another day.

It makes the special times even more special.

We have thousands of younger fans and others from around the world who will be the much the better for a punch on the nose now and again.

Otherwise, you end up like all these United wankers now who don't have the coping mechanisms to understand there is no timeline on failure and disappointment.

Drink it in. Stop listening to fucking Adele and woe betide me twats.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.