Where's Everyone Going For Their Holidays

Looking to go to Sicily in the future.
Anybody rate it.
Went in April, Cefalu near Palermo, absolutely stunning town , thousand year old cathedral, an even older town built Ito the rocks with a 2 mile strench of beach.....Benidorm it is not, bit scruffy round the edges but was there for the Easter parades, like something out of The Godfather, unreal, took the train into Palermo, old grandeur & faded beauty it is, absolutely lovely but not for the faint hearted, beggars & dodgy guys all over, even begging inside the churches, they took one look at us & left alone, my Mrs is harder than me lol. Recommended that side of Sicily although most go to the East coast which I can’t comment on.

Venice i
Venice is my next city break I think, so do you rate it, how's the food mate ?
Venice is stunning, nowhere like it in the world, stay in Cannereggio if you can , bit out of the tourist hotspots, it’s not noted for its food but they have Cicetti bars which are like tapas, only Venice really has them in Italy, all different types , you stand up to eat em 1euro each & a glass of wine 1 Euro as well when I was there 8 years ago, you only find em in the back streets/canals. Everyone should go there at least once.

Russia
Volgograd via Moscow
Moscow
Nizny Novgorod
St Petersburg
Vilnius via Minsk
Kalingrad
Moscow/Rostov

Legoland in Denmark! Supposed to be a treat for the kids. My in laws are treating us, so I can’t complain
Are you just going there and staying at Billund?

If time take a trip by train (won't be cheap) or get a hire car and go to Odense where HC Anderson was born, bear in mind the Toll Bridge which although fantastic itself is mad expensive.

Venice i

Venice is stunning, nowhere like it in the world, stay in Cannereggio if you can , bit out of the tourist hotspots, it’s not noted for its food but they have Cicetti bars which are like tapas, only Venice really has them in Italy, all different types , you stand up to eat em 1euro each & a glass of wine 1 Euro as well when I was there 8 years ago, you only find em in the back streets/canals. Everyone should go there at least once.
I stayed in the Venart, a few years ago and it was fantastic, great city when you get to know it.

I stayed in the Venart, a few years ago and it was fantastic, great city when you get to know it.
I agree, although we’re all tourists a lot of people just walk round, take a few pictures & leave & treat it like disney land which is a shame. There’s trouble there now because the Venetians want to limit the amount of visitors who will ultimately destroy the very thing they come to see.

I agree, although we’re all tourists a lot of people just walk round, take a few pictures & leave & treat it like disney land which is a shame. There’s trouble there now because the Venetians want to limit the amount of visitors who will ultimately destroy the very thing they come to see.
There's so much more to see when you get of the beaten track, the German synagogue is worth a visit on anyone's list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.