Where's Everyone Going For Their Holidays

Venice i

Venice is stunning, nowhere like it in the world, stay in Cannereggio if you can , bit out of the tourist hotspots, it’s not noted for its food but they have Cicetti bars which are like tapas, only Venice really has them in Italy, all different types , you stand up to eat em 1euro each & a glass of wine 1 Euro as well when I was there 8 years ago, you only find em in the back streets/canals. Everyone should go there at least once.

This.
I go for a few days every year.
The cichetti bars now charge 1.5 - 3 euro for a bite and a spritz is around 3.50.
I agree about where to stay as well although it's small enough to walk anywhere or get the waterbus.
Peggy Guggenheim's art gallery is a must and only lazy tourists get ripped off for food. A bit of research will find loads of reasonably priced restaurants, but I just go from cichetti bar to cichetti bar. There is no notable Venetian cuisine. As well as the usual places to visit the Jesuit church is a must.

Going Sorrento next week, and again end of August.
Missus working there this summer so don't even need to cough up for a hotel.

In Puerto Pollensa, again, at the moment. Love the place but definitely fancy a change next year.

Looking to go to Sicily in the future.
Anybody rate it.
It's brilliant. We went to the south, Burgio, in the mountains. Well off the beaten track but 20 minutes from a locals beach by car.

Went to Palermo, mental place, valley of the temples, amazing, then spent the last few days around Etna.

It's a great place if you want decent food, beer, looney drivers and history.

Polperro is stunning mate, just don't try and drive right into the centre if you have a big car. You may never get it back out again! Some fantastic cliff walks from the village to satisfy the inner Poldark.

Thanks for the tip; it is quite big and we are staying in the Noughts and Crosses. Not sure what it's like there but I'm not fussed about walking in if you know anywhere to park further out?t

Do you know any other places worth staying in that area?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.