Where's Everyone Going For Their Holidays

I must confess Andy that we considered Sunny Beach.A resort has to be itself and find it's own niche to attract the errant holiday maker and never attempt to emulate the unemulatable. There is only one Benidorm and they threw away the mold after completion.Why is it so popular then even hitting the heady heights of eleven million overnight stays in 2015.Is it because it offers magnificent beaches and a promenade to die for.Is it because it offers the discerning holiday maker a chance to make dreams come true with a liberal dosages of touristical pleasure and escapism.It's not enough though to just skim the surface and to truly evaluate we need to dig deeper to understand what makes this behemoth of a place live and breath.If any of you on here are graduates like myself you will know what I mean when I say the word "thesis".I did one on Costa Blanca for my tourism project back in the 90's.The work below is not mine but the similarities are quite remarkable and formatted in a more simplified easier to follow format. Isn't it funny that the places in life that are the most popular are the ones that take the most backlash and derision from the unknowledgeable.It's the same with other things in life I guess including newspapers : /

https://rua.ua.es/dspace/bitstream/10045/27662/6/benidorm_evolution.pdf

I do not expect Salou to come close to the above as it has its own genetic makeup preferring quality over crass and catering for the more enlightened of traveler.Embroiling sophistication with a splash of Spanish ambiance in all that it does. It's not just about sun sea and sangria and on this investigative trip we will try to integrate more with our hosts and visit a few hill villages cut of from the ravages of modern day time seeing first hand what makes these remarkably splendid hill people tick.

Wherever you are going just enjoy spending heavy on the fiscal but coming back richer to the memory banks.
Three piece suites tellies and cars we leave behind but our memories we take with us.Happy holidays everyone.

Last edited:
Andy chin up lad and enjoy the moment.Sit by the pool with a few ice cold beers and nachos and kick back and just chill.Put your headphones on and listen to some tunes whilst the sun weaves its magic on your pale dale bod.Go for a tourist train ride and then maybe late afternoon a paddle in the sea.Tonight rip it's arse with a good Karaoke session and then dance away the night into the early hours with some house music.Your here now chap until Friday so pecker up and start to grab that holiday by the balls.

Your post 366# reminded me of this song from back in the day and like the song your holiday will come good.

Last edited:
Haha! Hope you had a decent flight? Weather in Chicago is beautiful, so enjoy! Sadly, I’m on the road, spending the night in the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point in Fort Myers, FL! Thankfully, managed to get the England game in this a.m. before I left!

Funnily enough, been in Canada myself this past week...Calgary on Weds, then Vancouver on Thursday. Thankfully, nice weather both days! Beautiful mountains in both places, but Vancouver is one of the best cities in the world!
I liked it until I sat having a pint in one of the bars on the Main Street and noticed the walls were covered with Rag shirts. Aquarium was good and some great walks. Hotel had a great view of Grouse Mountain and the sea planes landing and taking off.

Portstewart for a few weekends in July and in August off to Villars in the Swiss alps to stay with my son and his family in their home for a week.

I’m in Stockholm at the moment, beautiful place and fully recommended, nowhere near as expensive as it used to be in comparison to what we pay in the Uk now, although still steep, lol.

£7 for a pint of Peroni yesterday watching the match. Nice burger and chips in boozer was about £17.

Haha! Hope you had a decent flight? Weather in Chicago is beautiful, so enjoy! Sadly, I’m on the road, spending the night in the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point in Fort Myers, FL! Thankfully, managed to get the England game in this a.m. before I left!

Funnily enough, been in Canada myself this past week...Calgary on Weds, then Vancouver on Thursday. Thankfully, nice weather both days! Beautiful mountains in both places, but Vancouver is one of the best cities in the world!
Excellent flight, well looked after but the seating arrangement was wierd. Didn’t realise they were showing the England game live, doh!
We’ll be flying to Calgary next Sunday and then driving up to Jasper followed by a trip to Vancouver, so hope it’s as nice as you say.
@worsleyweb would love it here, our hotel overlooks Trump Tower with the word ‘TRUMP’ in huge letter blazoned across it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.