Which away grounds are the unfriendliest to visit?

Everton in the 80's night games were a nightmare
Got legged at Brighton of all places just happy I didn't get BUMMED!

It's changed over the years.

The North East grounds were scary places to go in the late 70s/early 80s. Nowadays they're amongst the most welcoming.

I remember my dad getting punched at Leeds in about 78 as we were coming out of the ground. I was only a kid and remember thinking they must be hard as my dad is the strongest person i know! Of course they were actually wankers for attacking a dad with his lads.

Since then I would say the New Den and Cardiff in the cup were the most intimidating games I have been to (excepting Celtic in Dublin of course).

Although I wouldn't sat WHL is particularly intimidating for the non-hooligan it's against Spurs I have seen the most violence.

Glazers_Wallet said:
seen it kick off loads of times mostly with the police tho... one that stick in my mind was barnsley away was quiet then we walk round a corner near the market n was like a battle field my dad found a tenner in the middle of it all tho lol then in the ground there was horses in the stand. mental day, n wolves one time walkin to the ground it went off..

I got one of my fillings punched clean out of my mouth that day in Barnsley!

Oh and I lost a tenner!

lancs blue said:
Cardiff will be a bit iffy if they come up, Ninian Park was always a nasty place to go.

When we played Cardiff in the FA Cup, and lost. Keith Curle missed a penalty. I travelled down with a couple of mates and were chased down the road as soon as we stepped out of the car. The police then frog marched about ten of us to the ground while the locals waved glass bottles at us goading 'Premier League?' in thick Welsh accents. Lovely.

I remember trouble over the years;

Liverpool at Maine Road in the 81 cup semi final - Trouble outside after the game (Mainly due to the fcking injustice of the disallowed goal!)

Chelsea home 84/85. They brought thousands for a Friday night match and trouble before during and after the game

Chelsea (Wembley) 86 - Full Members Cup final. Trouble in the city end as infiltrated by Chelsea Fans. Trouble outside after.

Notts County away 1985 - Promotion game pitch invasion and train wrecked on way home.

Oldham away (Cant remember year but it was around easter) - trouble in Main Stand.

Millwall away late 1987 was fcking frightening hence the user name (Got the year wrong! The Old den was just a vile place full of dickheads and City fans were easy picking at the turnstiles that day. We only took around 800 but 95% were lads between 16-35. Kicked off big time at London Bridge station after the game. I was 18 so shit myself! lol

Hull City away 88 - Trouble in the car park before the game

Liverpool away around 89, the season after Hillsborough, there was trouble outside and windows smashed on our bus heading to the station.

Plymouth Away 88 - Trouble between the station and the ground both before and after the game

Swindon 87/88 - Trouble outside after the game.

Everton Away League Cup quarter final 88 - Trouble at the station after the game.

England v Scotland 88 (Wembley) Someone had the bright idea of putting around 3000 England Fans in the Scotland end! Not sensible...Trouble all over the place, before during and after

United home 89 - As per earlier you tube post

Spurs 91 - Cup Quarter final

Chelsea Mid 90's - last game of season

Coventry late 90's FA Cup. Trouble in stands and outside following our last minute winner

Stoke away 98 - Relegation match as described by others

Not seen much in recent years. The 80's were the worst by far.

bIRMIGHAM THE SCUM OBVIOUSLY never seen women and children hit by grown men, evil bas tttt rds .
MIDDLESBOROUGHWAS ROUGH AT ARESOME PARK YEARS AGO . FUCKING INBREADS BEING HIT BY A GUY WITH 8 fingers hurt i tell ya .. good job i bit one of his three ears off ...

turks head said:
bIRMIGHAM THE SCUM OBVIOUSLY never seen women and children hit by grown men, evil bas tttt rds .
MIDDLESBOROUGHWAS ROUGH AT ARESOME PARK YEARS AGO . FUCKING INBREADS BEING HIT BY A GUY WITH 8 fingers hurt i tell ya .. good job i bit one of his three ears off ...

Arn't you the guy advertising your pub for tomorrow?

Im gonna feel a bit nervous now ordering a beer off you now I know you've bitten someones ear off.

boro away fa cup early 90s,went for a drink in the albert park pub behind the away end,full of city,mixture of lads women and kids,when all of a sudden about 40 boro came through the vault and straight into the main room where the city fans were,the next 2 minutes were pure mayhem,boro fans threw chairs,tables,PINT POTS,anything they could right into the city fans,they didnt care about the women and kids,ive been all over with city but this was by far the scariest,made old trafford look like a walk in the park,boro are very naughty,trust me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.