which board member prioritised finances over the league?

mansour's tow ropes said:
franksinatra said:
eh? we have buckets of money, we should have bought a forward and a winger, we have loads of money

We dont have money the benefactors do. Therefore we rely on there generousity and like with any benefactors at some point in time they choose to tighten the purse strings, whether that be due to financial fair play or to limit further spending.

We cant moan about a lack of money and its a joke that some fans are moaning about it.

you talk rubbish, the benefactor (singular) is sheikh mansour, and he is the full and only owner of MCFC, he is fucking loaded, spending on players means fuck all to him.

we need a 10M pound backup striker and a 10M pound young winger. I'm not suggesting we sign world class players all the time but WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS. city fans have every right to be pissed off with the lack of players.

and don't tell me we can't afford anyone

Yes Mansour has loads of money but he has decided not to spend anymore. City as a club dont make any money so we are reliant on Mansours money and he has said no. We have had a huge budget to buy all the players required. Not the Sheiks fault if we dont have enough players.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini doesn't deserve a single penny more.

Time for him to earn his own money and actually manage.

If that also includes that Cnut Tevez, so be it.

Talk like u have given up and footballers will always do the minimum.

They need to feel both fear and inspiration. To run through brick walls.

No thanks. Savic up front if we're that desperate!!

Seriously, if Tevez has to play, it will be the end of Mancini - the best City manager I have ever known.

franksinatra said:
franksinatra said:
We dont have money the benefactors do. Therefore we rely on there generousity and like with any benefactors at some point in time they choose to tighten the purse strings, whether that be due to financial fair play or to limit further spending.

We cant moan about a lack of money and its a joke that some fans are moaning about it.

you talk rubbish, the benefactor (singular) is sheikh mansour, and he is the full and only owner of MCFC, he is fucking loaded, spending on players means fuck all to him.

we need a 10M pound backup striker and a 10M pound young winger. I'm not suggesting we sign world class players all the time but WE DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS. city fans have every right to be pissed off with the lack of players.

and don't tell me we can't afford anyone

Yes Mansour has loads of money but he has decided not to spend anymore. City as a club dont make any money so we are reliant on Mansours money and he has said no. We have had a huge budget to but all the players required. Not the Sheiks fault if we dont have enough players.

Mancini has had more than enough money to spend and also got rid or fallen out with players that are currently playing for sides either in the top 4 or thereabouts.

Kolorov and Dzeko at over £40m for the pair is looking like shite business

The sanctions for failing to meet FFP are only going to be applied in season 2014/2015 and expulsion from Europe is a LAST RESORT, there are other sanctions first like warnings,fines etc. So I just don't understand this need to meet it right now!

The whole thing boils down to the business done by Hughes and Marwood a few years ago. We have to abide by the regulations but we still have the likes of bridge, RSC and adebayor on our wage bill. This is money that could be otherwise spent on players who actually play for us

Andouble said:
Squatter said:
Strange to get Pizarro in so late, considering Yaya will soon be back.

someone like him would have been very useful tonight.

Could have been had 30 days ago, mind.

Reading between the lines we were clearly expecting tevez to goand to use the cash for a big name signing....i think pizzaro was our back up plan hence last minute acquisition a clever bit of biz imo.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Mancini doesn't deserve a single penny more.

Time for him to earn his own money and actually manage.

If that also includes that Cnut Tevez, so be it.

Talk like u have given up and footballers will always do the minimum.

They need to feel both fear and inspiration. To run through brick walls.

Agree totally. Mancini always talks about not having enough players. He can better concentrate on making players better players

We should have been in for Zamora. Decent striker and only £4 million so not breaking the bank. Deffo good enough as 4th choice

pathetic january, several players unavailable for different reasons, yet we don't sign anyone?

why not? we have the most money in the world, unlimited really. our squad was clearly designed to have 4 strikers, yet 1 striker has gone awol but we don't sign another? (tevez 1 - 0 city)

we knew we were gonna miss yaya, yet don't sign another midfielder till the last day, when he is nearly back. and even this striker probably will achieve fuck all

we have NO wingers in our squad. We have no pace in the team, apart from our fullbacks (and aguero and balotelli, but they don't do the job of a winger).

all these problems would be solved by signing 1/2 players for a few million in this window. yes there is FFP, but fuck the rules, we had the best possible chance of winning the league yet have not capitalised. i don't think we will win the league based on our january business.

we are falling apart, yet it seems to be the aim of the board to meet the rules rather than win the league. i'd hate to think its the sheikh, and can't see it, so i guess it must be khaldoon/marwood or a combination of board members.

at the end of the season we may have conceded the title to united, but hey ho, at least we are less likely to fall foul of some shitty rules

I think Mancini has had more backing than pretty much any manager in the history of football

The "shitty" rules like it or not we must comply - there was always going to come a time when we had to start considering FFFP as do most of the other clubs - our players are good enough - tonite was another example of a half arsed performance that only got better when we went down a goal

The fault lies squarely at Mancini no one else

dctid said:
pathetic january, several players unavailable for different reasons, yet we don't sign anyone?

why not? we have the most money in the world, unlimited really. our squad was clearly designed to have 4 strikers, yet 1 striker has gone awol but we don't sign another? (tevez 1 - 0 city)

we knew we were gonna miss yaya, yet don't sign another midfielder till the last day, when he is nearly back. and even this striker probably will achieve fuck all

we have NO wingers in our squad. We have no pace in the team, apart from our fullbacks (and aguero and balotelli, but they don't do the job of a winger).

all these problems would be solved by signing 1/2 players for a few million in this window. yes there is FFP, but fuck the rules, we had the best possible chance of winning the league yet have not capitalised. i don't think we will win the league based on our january business.

we are falling apart, yet it seems to be the aim of the board to meet the rules rather than win the league. i'd hate to think its the sheikh, and can't see it, so i guess it must be khaldoon/marwood or a combination of board members.

at the end of the season we may have conceded the title to united, but hey ho, at least we are less likely to fall foul of some shitty rules

I think Mancini has had more backing than pretty much any manager in the history of football

The "shitty" rules like it or not we must comply - there was always going to come a time when we had to start considering FFFP as do most of the other clubs - our players are good enough - tonite was another example of a half arsed performance that only got better when we went down a goal

The fault lies squarely at Mancini no one else

so you basically think we should win every game now

like Chelski do

you know like the rags have done after decades of outspending their rivals

[blackburn/ etc/ etc/ cough]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.