Which City player in exchange for Nasri?

I see the increasingly aggravating Lee Dixon is behind the inspiration for this ridiculous thread........

Arsenal legend earmarks £18m Manchester City Midfield Enforcer as "Ideal Signing"
----------------------------------------------

Lee Dixon has singled out Nigel de Jong as the perfect man to solve Arsene Wenger's trophy drought, recommending the robust Dutchman in his column for the i paper.

"One player I would like to see come in (for Arsenal) is Nigel de Jong," Dixon stated in his article, which was published yesterday morning, hours prior to the Gunners' 0-0 draw with Newcastle in the opening round of the Premiership season.

"He is supposed to be having contractual issues at City and would be the ideal signing."

"He is the type of experienced player that Arsenal's young squad needs - although his wages may be an issue - and would help to solve a major problem. They have to defend better as a unit, especially when winning the ball back."

Dixon, who played in 458 league matches for Arsenal between 1998 and 2002, would have been encouraged by Arsenal's defensive display at St James' park yesterday.

However, a lack of muscle in the middle of midfield meant that Newcastle, driven by a typically industrious performance by Joey Barton, were able to extinguish Arsenal's attacks with relative ease.

Since arriving from Hanover in January 2009 for a fee of £18 million, de Jong has asserted himself in English football with some very strong performances.

Having appeared in 40 matches across all competitions last season, he clearly rated by Roberto Mancini, though, and would be a tough man to prise away from Eastlands.

With 54 caps for the Netherlands, including an appearance in the final of the 2010 FIFA World Cup final, he has the sort of nous that would be very welcome at The Emirates.

Absolute zero chance Nige leaves City and if he did, it would not be too Arsenal. He will get his contract.

Arsenal are in free fall, the whole idea is we make things worse.

Cash only deal i say unless they want to choose from the likes of rsc, bridge, swp, ade , Bellamy etc.

blueprint said:
Its been suggested a straight exchange Tevez for Nasri.
No way Jose! IMO an unbalanced trade.

We have capable holding midfielders in Barry, Milner, Zabaleta and Yaya

Since AW needs a player like de Jong why not a straight exchange de Jong for Nasri then.

The lesser of the 2 evils. No?

mmm, i'll give you this one but thats it.

I'm sure that this must be a joke.

FantasyIreland said:
I see the increasingly aggravating Lee Dixon is behind the inspiration for this ridiculous thread........

Arsenal legend earmarks £18m Manchester City Midfield Enforcer as "Ideal Signing"
----------------------------------------------

Lee Dixon has singled out Nigel de Jong as the perfect man to solve Arsene Wenger's trophy drought, recommending the robust Dutchman in his column for the i paper.

"One player I would like to see come in (for Arsenal) is Nigel de Jong," Dixon stated in his article, which was published yesterday morning, hours prior to the Gunners' 0-0 draw with Newcastle in the opening round of the Premiership season.

"He is supposed to be having contractual issues at City and would be the ideal signing."

"He is the type of experienced player that Arsenal's young squad needs - although his wages may be an issue - and would help to solve a major problem. They have to defend better as a unit, especially when winning the ball back."

Dixon, who played in 458 league matches for Arsenal between 1998 and 2002, would have been encouraged by Arsenal's defensive display at St James' park yesterday.

However, a lack of muscle in the middle of midfield meant that Newcastle, driven by a typically industrious performance by Joey Barton, were able to extinguish Arsenal's attacks with relative ease.

Since arriving from Hanover in January 2009 for a fee of £18 million, de Jong has asserted himself in English football with some very strong performances.

Having appeared in 40 matches across all competitions last season, he clearly rated by Roberto Mancini, though, and would be a tough man to prise away from Eastlands.

With 54 caps for the Netherlands, including an appearance in the final of the 2010 FIFA World Cup final, he has the sort of nous that would be very welcome at The Emirates.

NDJ came from Hamburg not Hannover - shite newspapers as usual

blueprint said:
Its been suggested a straight exchange Tevez for Nasri.
No way Jose! IMO an unbalanced trade.

We have capable holding midfielders in Barry, Milner, Zabaleta and Yaya

Since AW needs a player like de Jong why not a straight exchange de Jong for Nasri then.

The lesser of the 2 evils. No?

hehe your funny

Well i have been here 3 months or so and never read something that even i can guarantee wont happen.
If either Komps or Nige were sold i think there would be some sort of biblical appocalypse in Manchester.
Unless they themselves wanted to leave we will never sell them sure as day turns to night.

I thought Dixon is a city fan, i like you Lee but button it please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.