Which City Players do you Hate (past & present)?

nedums noodles said:
desperatedon said:
Paul Dickov - for a purley personal reason. Not hate just disappointment.

My son was 6 in 1999 and Dickov was his hero (he was small like him). I bought the limited edition black and white poster of him on his knees at the time and gave it to my son who kept it in it's tube for safe keeping. Anyway, skip to 2011 when my son has his 18th birthday and I thought it would be good if I could get it signed and framed for his coming of age.

A couple of months before my son's birthday Dickov was appearing in a charity game (Hyde I think it was). As I don't like to bother people and didn't want to just turn up at the game and be presumptuous enough to hassle him for an autograph, I emailed him at Oldham to see if he would sign it at the game. I assured him that in exchange I would make a generous donation to the charity in question. Unfortunately I had no replies to my emails so I contacted his (very nice) secretary who assured me that she would ask him if it was OK and whether my emails had been received. She told me that not only had she informed him about my emails but she would print it off and put it on his desk. Still no reply. I then thanked her for efforts but agreed that she could not gurantee that he would reply as she can only tell him.

I know that very busy people in his position probably get fed up of autograph requests etc but it's like I told his (apologetic) secretary, a simple email out of courtesy to say thanks but no thanks would have cost nothing with little effort. He could even just have told her to reply to me to say no.

It seemed so out of character as he comes over as such a nice bloke, I like to think that he had problems with his emails.

Poor form though

Result - no donation, no signed photo and Dickov no longer my son's hero.

(Great goal at Wembley though)
have you ever seen the music video STAN by eminem?

This in no way is meant to sway towards driving off a bridge with your mrs in the boot.....(take mine)

nedums noodles said:
desperatedon said:
Paul Dickov - for a purley personal reason. Not hate just disappointment.

My son was 6 in 1999 and Dickov was his hero (he was small like him). I bought the limited edition black and white poster of him on his knees at the time and gave it to my son who kept it in it's tube for safe keeping. Anyway, skip to 2011 when my son has his 18th birthday and I thought it would be good if I could get it signed and framed for his coming of age.

A couple of months before my son's birthday Dickov was appearing in a charity game (Hyde I think it was). As I don't like to bother people and didn't want to just turn up at the game and be presumptuous enough to hassle him for an autograph, I emailed him at Oldham to see if he would sign it at the game. I assured him that in exchange I would make a generous donation to the charity in question. Unfortunately I had no replies to my emails so I contacted his (very nice) secretary who assured me that she would ask him if it was OK and whether my emails had been received. She told me that not only had she informed him about my emails but she would print it off and put it on his desk. Still no reply. I then thanked her for efforts but agreed that she could not gurantee that he would reply as she can only tell him.

I know that very busy people in his position probably get fed up of autograph requests etc but it's like I told his (apologetic) secretary, a simple email out of courtesy to say thanks but no thanks would have cost nothing with little effort. He could even just have told her to reply to me to say no.

It seemed so out of character as he comes over as such a nice bloke, I like to think that he had problems with his emails.

Poor form though

Result - no donation, no signed photo and Dickov no longer my son's hero.

(Great goal at Wembley though)
have you ever seen the music video STAN by eminem?

Being ancient I was not familiar with Mr Eminem's work but I did check it out on youtube. Nice one, it gave me a chuckle(oddly enough)!

Must go now, I'm off for a drive with Partington Blue's wife. :-)

Keith Curle - grade 'A' twat. Disliked by many people behind the scenes at City.

danny mills, he stole a living out of us, but i have to say tony "the rag "vaughn, who made no secret of his love for the reds and his attitude on and off the pitch towards city and the fans stank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.