Which City Players do you Hate (past & present)?

jma said:
Ben Thatcher should have been sacked on the night he did that to Mendes. Although he did give Ronaldo some as soon as he came on as a sub in the derby, so not all bad. I always forget whether it was him or Ball who ran on and gave him a dig in the back before it had even come back into play. One of them did it and the other one stamped on his bollocks in another game. Just a bit of fun.

What's not to like there?

My dislikes are the selfish ones who draw a ludicrous wage and do next to fuck all: McMinimum, Bridge, Mills & Co.

I can see why some dislike Bellamy but he was (mostly) a committed and able player. Also,any guy who does so much for charity has my big respect. Had to chuckle at our friend who would insult him in the street. I will hold your coat, mate.

Burnage Burnsy said:
Martin O Neill - just really gets on my tits.

Is it just me that thinks he's really overrated as a manager? I thought Sunderland looked pretty poor under him at times, the improvement only looked so good, because Bruce is such a terrible manager.

Anyway, Danny Mills, and Joey Barton. I'm honestly ashamed Barton had any association with this club. Don't get me started on Mills.

Some of the above hate players for being no good, but that's not the same as criticisingthem. Players I hate have a nasty personality, or play nasty. I admire hard players - from Dave Ewing to NDJ - but the City player I had no time for was Michael Brown. He set out to maim. Horrible object.

Big Swifty said:
Some of the above hate players for being no good, but that's not the same as criticisingthem. Players I hate have a nasty personality, or play nasty. I admire hard players - from Dave Ewing to NDJ - but the City player I had no time for was Michael Brown. He set out to maim. Horrible object.

Can you honestly say you hated him when he played for City?

He was our horrible object at the time, much the same I supported Barton while he was a Blue
Such as football.

i hated sylvain distan for slating us

keith curle for saying he'd gone to a bigger club when he signed for wolves

tony coton for going to them, all three of these were great for us but i felt betrayed by them

lazy twats

adebayor, nigel clough, anelka

and one who i always hated for cheating on his debut and elbowing someone in the face but getting them sent off, i think it was against portsmouth was that little french twat of a left back david sommeil

look at all the hated players of which some are quite good, can we changed this thread to shit players who we loved i'm sure paul dickov would be number 1

Wayne Biggins.

never liked him. no pace, not a great goal scorer,silly name..and mel machin often selected him over Moulden..and when Biggins failed to deliver the goods,Machin would say..he always puts them away well in training....like that had anything to do with it.

When Kendall took over the sinking ship that was City at the time, Wayne Biggins was replaced with ..Wayne Clarke.no pace, not a great goal scorer, silly name..etc..and Kendall often selected him over Clive Allen.

dont really like footballers who are called wayne.irrational i know.

for a purley personal reason. Not hate just disappointment.

My son was 6 in 1999 and Dickov was his hero (he was small like him). I bought the limited edition black and white poster of him on his knees at the time and gave it to my son who kept it in it's tube for safe keeping. Anyway, skip to 2011 when my son has his 18th birthday and I thought it would be good if I could get it signed and framed for his coming of age.

A couple of months before my son's birthday Dickov was appearing in a charity game (Hyde I think it was). As I don't like to bother people and didn't want to just turn up at the game and be presumptuous enough to hassle him for an autograph, I emailed him at Oldham to see if he would sign it at the game. I assured him that in exchange I would make a generous donation to the charity in question. Unfortunately I had no replies to my email so I contacted his (very nice) secretary who assured me that she would ask him if it was OK and whether my email had been received. She told me that not only had she informed him about my email but she would print it off and put it on his desk. Still no reply. I then thanked her for efforts but agreed that she could not gurantee that he would reply as she can only tell him.

I know that very busy people in his position probably get fed up of autograph requests etc but it's like I told his (apologetic) secretary, a simple email out of courtesy to say thanks but no thanks would have cost nothing with little effort. He could even just have told her to reply to me to say no.

It seemed so out of character as he comes over as such a nice bloke, I like to think that he had problems with his emails.

Poor form though

Result - no donation, no signed photo and Dickov no longer my son's hero.

(Great goal at Wembley though)

as said earlier hate is a strong word. Never liked

Richard Dunne
Sun Jihai
Laurent Charvet
Keith Macrae
Steven Ireland
Rick Holden
Andy Dibble
Eric Nixon
John Gidman

desperatedon said:
Paul Dickov - for a purley personal reason. Not hate just disappointment.

My son was 6 in 1999 and Dickov was his hero (he was small like him). I bought the limited edition black and white poster of him on his knees at the time and gave it to my son who kept it in it's tube for safe keeping. Anyway, skip to 2011 when my son has his 18th birthday and I thought it would be good if I could get it signed and framed for his coming of age.

A couple of months before my son's birthday Dickov was appearing in a charity game (Hyde I think it was). As I don't like to bother people and didn't want to just turn up at the game and be presumptuous enough to hassle him for an autograph, I emailed him at Oldham to see if he would sign it at the game. I assured him that in exchange I would make a generous donation to the charity in question. Unfortunately I had no replies to my emails so I contacted his (very nice) secretary who assured me that she would ask him if it was OK and whether my emails had been received. She told me that not only had she informed him about my emails but she would print it off and put it on his desk. Still no reply. I then thanked her for efforts but agreed that she could not gurantee that he would reply as she can only tell him.

I know that very busy people in his position probably get fed up of autograph requests etc but it's like I told his (apologetic) secretary, a simple email out of courtesy to say thanks but no thanks would have cost nothing with little effort. He could even just have told her to reply to me to say no.

It seemed so out of character as he comes over as such a nice bloke, I like to think that he had problems with his emails.

Poor form though

Result - no donation, no signed photo and Dickov no longer my son's hero.

(Great goal at Wembley though)
have you ever seen the music video STAN by eminem?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.