Which City signing excited you most?

Paul Stewart as a kid i remember getting really excited about but as an adult a bit of a weird one - but it was Robbie Fowler, after years in the doldrums i suddenly thought we were really going somewhere... Fowler and Anelka up front was dreamland stuff after years of watching shite (The Goat being a total exception). Fowler was a genuine finisher who i had been dying for at the club - but he was very much a disappointment and nothing like the Liverpool Robbie Fowler i had expected.

Johnsonontheleft said:
Which signing excited you most at the time it happened? Player or manager.

I think most will say Robinho but I personally hadn't seen the guy play before we signed him.

For me it was the joint signing of Weah and Wanchope - I suddenly thought 'Wow', we've got a top class strike force.

Also signing Peter Beardsley was exciting at the time.

Funny as it sounds now - Samaras! We were dreadful that season then we sign this young striker who looked like Romario (on youtube!) and we thought our prayers had been answered! I remember when he came off the bench on his debut (night game but can't remember who it was against?) and the ovation he got and every touch cheered....sadly 8 goals in 55 games later he was not the player we had hoped! God how things have changed!<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:38 pm --<br /><br />Also Kavalashvilli- after gio had said 'he's better than me' and he scored on his debut vs the rags-legend in the making we though.....soon became clear Gio just wanted a drinking buddie!

Has to be Robbie.

Every City fan got up on that transfer deadline day and switched Sky on, hoping that we hadn't sold Corluka to Spurs. They then see the Yellow ticker Bar saying we have been taken over by investment from the Middle East and have put in a £30M bid for Berbatov, we then upgraded on Berbatov.

vicg47 said:
Rodney Marsh-Soon wished we hadn't signed the flash fucker

aye, but magic, absolute magic at the time, speshly as they'd signed Ian Storey Moore, and that first game v Chelsea was as electric as any i'd ever experienced at MR, 'til the fat fuck actually came on the field.

i was never more excited when we signed rodney marsh. he was exciting. think we got him towards the end of the 72 season when we were favorites to win the league.

rag journalists fucked him up the last few games. he was too good to drop.it cost us the league though, can't remember who he kept out of the team.

i think it was that season he scored against derby and won goal of the season.

spam1967 said:
i was never more excited when we signed rodney marsh. he was exciting. think we got him towards the end of the 72 season when we were favorites to win the league.

rag journalists fucked him up the last few games. he was too good to drop.it cost us the league though, can't remember who he kept out of the team.

i think it was that season he scored against derby and won goal of the season.

aye, it was, that was a cracker, turned England centre-half Roy McFArland on a dime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl3sYlpNT_I

Remember there being a big palaver over Jo signing and despite me only seeing him play from Youtube clips. My Dad surprised me getting me his name on the back of my away shirt from JJB. Came back with 'JO 9' on the back...certainly was a surprise, typical. Don't know why I bothered to get it changed though he was shite and I haven't seen that shirt in a few years.

It's a tie between Robinho or Tevez for me though. Both huge players who impacted our development as a club massively.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.