Which comedian doesnt make you laugh ?

Not so much a comedian but a group, the monty python group just isn't funny, no idea how it so popular.

And the one comedian I despise with a passion is Steve coogan. Just a **** in general.

Tourist since 1971 said:
malg said:
Michael McIntyre - just shouts a lot, and totally unfunny.
Paul Merson - no fucking idea why anyone finds him funny.Lee Evans - just don't get him.
Alan Davies - ?
Russell Brand - have tried watching him, but again I just don't get him.

and just for clarity, I do find the following funny:

Jim Jefferies
Woody Allen - have a CD of his and he was very, very good at stand up in his day.
Steve Martin - again, at stand up he was very funny.
Bill Hicks - just find him funny, and with everything that has gone on since his death I believe he would have had a bloody field day! The banking crisis, the second Gulf War and the Afghan campaign would have made his day.

Cant believe everyone missed this. His 'love bites and everyfink' routine will go down as a comedy classic.
I do sympathize with anyone who has trouble with addiction but for me Mersons breakdown on tv about being a alky and cokehead cracked me up. I'm going to hell aren't I?

Mayor West said:
Not so much a comedian but a group, the monty python group just isn't funny, no idea how it so popular.

And the one comedian I despise with a passion is Steve coogan. Just a **** in general.
In it's early days Monty Python had quite a public school following as it was seen as intelligent humour, I was never really into Monty Python's Flying Circus, as I didn't quite get some of the sketches at the time. As for 'Life of Brian', 'Holy Grail' etc, I thought the writing and concept was pure brilliance.

There are plenty of Monty Python sketches that aren't amazing, but I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't think Life of Brian is one of the funniest films ever. On the surface it looks ridiculous, but as a satire of religion, it's absolute genius.

Mayor West said:
Sutherland_scream_Invasion_Of_The_Body_Snatchers_Kaufman_1978.jpg

Mayor West also said:
Agreed
wanker.gif

I'm With Stupid said:
There are plenty of Monty Python sketches that aren't amazing, but I wouldn't trust anyone who doesn't think Life of Brian is one of the funniest films ever. On the surface it looks ridiculous, but as a satire of religion, it's absolute genius.
Yep. Life of Brian is absolute genius. As for the rest of their stuff, it's just overrated.

malg said:
I'm With Stupid said:
Yep. Life of Brian is absolute genius. As for the rest of their stuff, it's just overrated.

Come on lads, the 4 Yorkshire men is brilliant! IMHO

Paul mooney

He might have written for a lot of famous acts but when he takes the stage fir stand up he is horrible, all race related issues

The ones that I find totally unfunny are:-

Miranda Hart
Jack Whitehall
Alan Carr
Jeremy Hardy
Ricky Gervais
Jim Davidson
Roy Walker
Lee Evans
Sarah Millican
Patrick Kielty
Shappi Khorsandi
Lenny Henry
Brian Conley
Russell Brand

I like a lot of comics that appear on QI and similar shows although delivering one-liners on a TV show is quite a different beast compared to entertaining an audience in a one-man/woman show.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.