Which computer game wowed you the most?

Battlefield 1942 for me, first game where you could run and gun, drive cars and tanks or fly planes and helicopters all in the same game. Add to that the many great mod's that came out (EoD, Desert Combat, Star Wars, the one with nukes that I cant remember the name of etc. etc.) it was epic!

BlueBeenie said:
Battlefield 1942 for me, first game where you could run and gun, drive cars and tanks or fly planes and helicopters all in the same game. Add to that the many great mod's that came out (EoD, Desert Combat, Star Wars, the one with nukes that I cant remember the name of etc. etc.) it was epic!

It still is epic!Me and a few mates still play this modern classic 7 years after it came out.Can't beat it online.

For me it had to be...

Duke Nukem.First game i played against another human by the powers of a cable that linked the two machines together.First game where you could break the scenery for another path.Excellent maps.Great music.Top quotes.

Plants vs Zombies.

A truly fantastic game. It has shown that in the recent era, the onus has moved more towards the graphical ability of a game rather than the playability. This is like an old school C64 game, where the playability is the most important aspect, of a simple yet challenging game.

It honestly removed all of my cynicism towards the games industry.

It you haven't played it, get it RIGHT NOW, it will do the same for you.

Damocles said:
Plants vs Zombies.

A truly fantastic game. It has shown that in the recent era, the onus has moved more towards the graphical ability of a game rather than the playability. This is like an old school C64 game, where the playability is the most important aspect, of a simple yet challenging game.

It honestly removed all of my cynicism towards the games industry.

It you haven't played it, get it RIGHT NOW, it will do the same for you.

Desktop Defence with cute graphics.

crystal_mais said:
Daly Thomspons Decathalon or Horace goes skiing - ZX Spectrum

I must have wrecked 5 joysticks playing Daley Thompson's Decathlon on my commodore 64. it was either that, or banging the life out of A and Z on the keyboard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.