Which computer game wowed you the most?

A few come to mind. Super Mario Bros, just because. :) Grim Fandango, amazing storytelling with 3D graphics that actually worked. The climax of the Lucasarts adventures this.

Delta Force was brilliant, the sheer size of it all made possible by those voxel graphics. Battlefield 1942 was amazing fun as well. Busy playing Xbox 360 arcade game Battlefield 1943 at the moment. :) Is Bad Company worth to get btw? Quite cheap now.

Resident Evil was ground-breaking at the time. A great game that used to shit me up big time.
Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 was an epic too.
Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64. Again epic, the way the sun rose and set and how much freedom you had to explore the world.

Pearcey said:
Resident Evil was ground-breaking at the time. A great game that used to shit me up big time.
Metal Gear Solid on the PS1 was an epic too.
Legend Of Zelda Ocarina of Time on the N64. Again epic, the way the sun rose and set and how much freedom you had to explore the world.

Zelda was epic and so was Conkers Bad Fur Day!

Lots of great games mentioned,but the one for me was Ridge racer on the Ps1.To have gone from a Snes to a Playstation was a massive step for me.I bought the PS1 on the day of release and never looked back.I never really took to Ps2 and went to Xbox.Again bought this on day of release with Halo,which has had me fully converted to Microsoft since.I have learnt never to go back to games,they are never as good as you remember !!!

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time was the best game ever made and i don't think it will ever be beaten.

two stand out for me
Mario64 on N64, my mate got a japanese import about 12 months before the uk release cost him £500 for the 64 and £99 for the game!!
I was blown away, it was like playing a cartoon, he set it up at about 6pm, at 5am(!!) we were still playing it

Star Wars:Knights Of The Old Republic on the X-box, the BEST Star Wars game ever, an Epic game lost months playing that!!
Still got it as its compatible with the 360. If anyone has a 360 get it!!, its really cheap (around 10-15 pounds) well worth it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.