Which computer game wowed you the most?

c137582ea8f827bb784fa0b487e667d1-Mario_Kart_64.jpg

Best multiplayer game. Ever.

Yea it was Goldeneye for me. I had a playstation and I was convinced they were vetter than the 64's. I went round my mates house and he showed me goldeneye and I got saving for a 64 straight away. Just on the first level with the sniper rifle where you could pick people off from miles away through glass windows and stuff had me hooked. I remember evryone taking their joypads round to each others houses for all day Goldeneye sessions, happy days!

The Fat el Hombre said:
Yea it was Goldeneye for me. I had a playstation and I was convinced they were vetter than the 64's. I went round my mates house and he showed me goldeneye and I got saving for a 64 straight away. Just on the first level with the sniper rifle where you could pick people off from miles away through glass windows and stuff had me hooked. I remember evryone taking their joypads round to each others houses for all day Goldeneye sessions, happy days!

ps had a better graphics chip than an n64, so the ps is a more powerful machine. so you are right on that note...

its the games that made the n64.

Yea I only had a handful of games on the 64 cos they were pretty expensive, whereas I had my PS chipped so could get all the games on that

The PS won the war in the end

Mantel said:
Operation Flashpoint. Still playing it sometimes.

Has to be one of the best games ever made COD or the PC Battlefield don’t even come close. Apparently you can get almost every military vehicle in the world now? The new Flashpoint is out next month.

Streets of Rage, the first Mario Kart, Battlefield Modern Combat (online) for the Xbox 360 are to name but a few.

aphex said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

ps had a better graphics chip than an n64, so the ps is a more powerful machine. so you are right on that note...

The above isnt correct:

The Nintendo 64's central processing unit (CPU) is the NEC VR4300,[22] a cost-reduced derivative of the 64-bit MIPS Technologies R4300i
Clocked at 93.75 MHz, the N64's VR4300 was the most powerful of the competing consoles of its generation
Turbo3D microcode: 500,000–600,000 normal accuracy polygons per second.

The Playstaion's CPU MIPS R3000A-compatible (R3051) 32bit RISC chip running at 33.8688 MHz.
Operating performance of 66 MIPS
360,000 flat-shaded polygons per second
180,000 texture mapped and light-sourced polygons per second

So the N64 was more than double the Playstation power.
Basically this is because the PS was 32 bit whereas the N64 was 64 bit.

doomuk said:
aphex said:

The above isnt correct:

The Nintendo 64's central processing unit (CPU) is the NEC VR4300,[22] a cost-reduced derivative of the 64-bit MIPS Technologies R4300i
Clocked at 93.75 MHz, the N64's VR4300 was the most powerful of the competing consoles of its generation
Turbo3D microcode: 500,000–600,000 normal accuracy polygons per second.

The Playstaion's CPU MIPS R3000A-compatible (R3051) 32bit RISC chip running at 33.8688 MHz.
Operating performance of 66 MIPS
360,000 flat-shaded polygons per second
180,000 texture mapped and light-sourced polygons per second

So the N64 was more than double the Playstation power.
Basically this is because the PS was 32 bit whereas the N64 was 64 bit.

yep. sorry. i was thinking of the ps2 which is 128 bit. doh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.