Which deceased band / artist would you love to have seen?

Follow my cult G-Star, and I will lead you to the promised land of beer, women and money.

This is me 7 years ago:

HuFeI.jpg

Now imagine that with a shaved head, and more meat on his bones.

I get hooked by these threads every time when it's late but there is only one answer

I love rock music, so the answer is Deep Purple from 72, 73 I was too young to see

Name me a better guitarist than Ritchie Blackmore then
Name me a better drummer than Ian Paice then
Name me a better singer than Ian Gillan then

Obviously, if you think 'Ghost in my house' by R Dean Taylor is a serious musical contribution (as lots of my Northern Soul mates did at the time) then the people listed above are going to seem pretty crap. My answer would always be, lets try and do what each of those listed above did, and see how close we came

If you don't know any of the above, then trust me, you wouldn't be the one blasting out 'Highway Star'

flyer said:
I get hooked by these threads every time when it's late but there is only one answer

Obviously, if you think 'Ghost in my house' by R Dean Taylor is a serious musical contribution (as lots of my Northern Soul mates did at the time) then the people listed above are going to seem pretty crap. My answer would always be, lets try and do what each of those listed above did, and see how close we came

If you don't know any of the above, then trust me, you wouldn't be the one blasting out 'Highway Star'

How about ''Ghost in my house'' by The Fall ;)

He had more hair. And was half as good on the guitar :)

I should grab an updated picture, but they're all on the camera

flyer said:

I love rock music, so the answer is Deep Purple from 72, 73 I was too young to see

Name me a better guitarist than Ritchie Blackmore then
Name me a better drummer than Ian Paice then
Name me a better singer than Ian Gillan then

All fine musicians without doubt. It's all subjective but I would counter with the
following:-

Jimi Hendrix. (Died before the dates you mention, so my apologies if you were only referring to72/73); described by Townsend as the most astonishing guitarist he had ever heard. He and John Lennon, who saw him at the marquee said, ''We may as well pack it in, nobody can follow him.''

Keith Moon. Listen to ''I can see for miles,'' or Won't get fooled again,'' you may agree.

Steve Marriott. Finest white soul voice ever.

Great topic this, bring them on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.