Which Design shall we fix?

Which of these Designed objects or services would you like to see redesigned?

• Toilet Brush (Hygiene issue, To low for people with disability or old age, knocked over by children)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Feeding children in term time (Tax payer, The children and parents.)

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Round tin Cans (Gain space in cupboards for the householder, easier to open age and disability)

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Pringles Tub (Planet-not recyclable, difficult to get to the bottom for most people)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Plasters (messy, fiddly for anyone with disability or old age also difficult for the user)

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Train doors (always a panic that they are going to shut on you. disabled, old age or anyone)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Toaster (standard bread does not fit, messy from the bottom, effects all users)

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Just back to the plasters @shilly8903 , for me its a bad design cos i cut myself a lot and not because im old or disabled..
Just back to the plasters @shilly8903 , for me its a bad design cos i cut myself a lot and not because im old or disabled..
my knifes are that old it is nearly possible to cut yourself, when I use knifes at someone eles house i always end up cutting myself because mine are litterally that blunt you can scrape your finger and it doesn’t cut, I love cooking but I’m too tight to buy the utensils.

I’m intrigued.... this sum will determine wether the idea has failed before it if even began. My maths is poor.
You need to think outside the box mate. You ought to be improving a design that hasn't been made yet by imagining what life might be like in the future.
Here's one that I like to use if I'm trying to get someone to stop talking for a few minutes.
Humans will evolve by having their knees on the back of their legs. Design a chair.

Since posting the 'plasters' rant i've thought of another, and getting this one right could be worth a few quid.
Charging and USB cables for phones/tablets/pretty much everything.

Who has ever put the ends (connectors) into the socket the right way up at the first attempt? Nobody i'd guess. Same with usb to plug chargers.
Surely a re-design where it is possible to feel which way is 'up' rather than trying to force it in before squinting at the connector and/or device to see which way around it should be.
My current cable has two raised lines on the underside of the plug. Always get it right first time now.

You need to think outside the box mate. You ought to be improving a design that hasn't been made yet by imagining what life might be like in the future.
Here's one that I like to use if I'm trying to get someone to stop talking for a few minutes.
Humans will evolve by having their knees on the back of their legs. Design a chair.

mate it is really hard I’ve only just started the course this is the “design thinking” they are trying to instil into us.
Tbf my ideas are a lot better than some of the other peoples on the course, plus it is just an assignment we’re not inventing anything. I’ve done two assignment so far and scored around 80% on both so I think as long as I have the understanding and follow the process I should do okay.
Can you elaborate on the last comment that did lose me...

Edit our ideas.

Is the op old by any chance?

I'm confused with the round tin can problem though..

nowadays the amazon package driver man drops off an enormous cardboard box containing a single toothbrush or hairclip or whatever. And i get it, their van space or boot capacity has been carefully calculated so as to fit as many items in whilst also, obviously, keeping the items secure and accessible. This makes the whole process more efficient.

Our cupboards are cupboard shaped (square/rectangle) so if tins were more cupboard shaped it'd definitely save space.. but how would you open them? The tins i mean, not the cupboards
Ring pull

imagine the shitty water that goes everywhere when you pull that out. Awful
Someone on Dragons Den invented a container for the bog brush that goes inside the toilet so when it's flushed it cleaned the brush and the dirty water drains away with the flushed water. Simple and brilliant. No poo juice I think he claimed.....

Plasters on a roll, like a sellotape dispenser, battery operated, push a button and it feeds a length out and snips it off for you.
You're welcome.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.